2 things to fix EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dythan, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

1. Add +roundkick to items
    2. Disable Levitation in Plane of Fire
    Ansel and Brumans like this.
  2. Tierdal Augur

why round kick?
  3. Liren_Lockheart Melusine the Siren

Why on earth are people on these forums obsessed with levitation in Plane of Fire? This is the third progression server I've done and I've never seen anyone complain about this particular short cut in PoF. There are a thousand ways in a thousand zones to circumvent clears in EQ and moving through zones without aggro has always been considered a good skill to have, especially for a raiding guild. The only thing removing levitation in Plane of Fire will do is make moving through the zone unnecessarily slower and more annoying. Why would you want that?

All of these "in the spirit of the original game" posts are ridiculous. The OPs seem to be trying to recreate a time in EQ when the game was challenging and it took ages to complete content.This isn't 1999. These servers aren't meant to exactly replicate the experience of classic EQ. You simply cannot do that. Players have 20 years of game knowledge at their disposal. Computers and internet speeds are light years faster. The game itself has evolved in ways that affect the early expansions that cannot be undone. Even the audience has changed. No one wants to take ages to complete content anymore. See the outcry over the original "hard mode" settings of Mangler.

EverQuest on progression is not meant to be challenging. It's meant to be nostalgic. You can't make 20 year old content feel like it did 20 years ago. Stahp it.

Melusine the Enchanter
    Selos
    Nolrog and kizant like this.
  4. Tierdal Augur

Its a joke.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

With the advent of " procs" being added to monk skills with AA, I find myself swapping between them fairly often. In the group game, roundkick has a stun, that helps me tank and maintain agro. I tend to find myself only using flying kick on raids nowadays.
  6. Liren_Lockheart Melusine the Siren

God don't joke about that. They might actually do it. :p
  7. Brumans Augur

Don't forget:

#3. Disable Levitation in Plane of Fire.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a throwaway point. The real point is #2.
  9. yerm Augur

Says the op enchanter.

#levfree #pofirenotpofloat #fenninro2024buildthewall
    Blastoff likes this.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Actually my main point. It would add a lot of value to my game. That said, it's a niche problem only maybe 1/2 of active monks would benefit from, that would take a massive amount of hours and coding to "fix", thereby making it a ridiculous request.
  11. Ansel New Member

OP correct as usual. Removing levitate from Plane of Fire is the right thing to do.
  12. Liren_Lockheart Melusine the Siren

Ansel you troll :p
  13. Febb Augur

We don't need no levitation. *bass line*
    We don't need no crowd control. *bass line*
    No dark sarcasm in the cat room.

HEY! LEVR'S! LEAVE THAT WALL ALONE!

All in all you're just another, brick in the wall.