@Devs pls look into this game breaking ability for our era.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creepin, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Gronns Lorekeeper

When you blow 30aa that have been earned for 5 minutes of glory just let it be. This is in no way breaking the game.
  2. yerm Augur

If it's available and accessible it will be used. So if content is doable without it, it will get used to make content trivial. If content is only doable with it, it will be used to make content doable. Every tank will be asked to show up to raids with a glyph, much like consumable expectations in wow. If everyone who leads in these guilds weren't always so tank tank tank tank focused the same would hold true for other roles+glyphs; people just notice dragon scales because warriors tend to have the personality of a well vaccinated vegan crossfitter.

Just don't use it isn't an option. That's like a druid saying I hate having to heal, a cleric saying I don't want to do rotations, or an enchanter that never wants to charm. People expect you to play to potential and will look down on you if you don't. The difference here is that those classes are just scoffing at an ability, while a player who doesn't want to glyph is scoffing at farming tons of aa for an expendable use.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I agree. Bosses need to be beefed up if glyphs are an option.
  4. Bewts Augur

We like to do our OMM on hard mode:
    Don’t charm the friends
    Don’t click masks
    Everyone boxes 6 characters
    Ignore the trash adds

It makes for a more entertaining slaughter.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

More fun to pull keldovan into Jelven and fight em at the same time.
  6. Machentoo Augur

It's not trivial, but guilds that compete expect their players to be ready with it for the most part, anyway. To me, it's a huge pain in the to have it available and an expectation that we should use it some of the time.
  7. Machentoo Augur

. It completely trivializes many, many raid encounters. Encounters that took weeks to get down on previous servers have been one shotted on the current iteration, and glyphs are a big part of why. Vyskudra, Kerafrym, all of Underfoot immediately come to mind.

Ask OGC how many glyphs they burned to beat underfoot in three days. Previous record for the expansion was around four or five months... The key drop increases helped, but only a little... They would have beat it in under a month easily without that, probably two or three weeks tops.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Why do glyphs even exist on tlp? We're seeing every expansion beat in days or less and that's with prior expansion gear. Nobody needs the crutch in reality.

Take out the tank glyphs on tlp. Who is going to complain?
  9. Ajjantis Elder

Look up the definition of game breaking. This doesnt even get close to game breaking, stop with the misleading titles.
  10. taliefer Augur

its been available for quite some time on Coirnav, and i think we have had a tank use it once. this whole thread is a big ball of "meh"
  11. Quill Augur

Well, you obviously didn't play then.

At no time in the history of Plane of Fire have people *EVER* used the tunnel to get past the wall when raiding. Most never knew it existed, and a lot still don't.

It would actually be out-of-era for levitation to be disabled in Plane of Fire.

How did we get over the wall with earlier versions of levitation? You got as high as you could, and took your camera and pointed it towards the sky before running across. MAGIC. Sometimes it took a couple tries, but if you were pro it wasn't an issue and usually got it first try before people started pointing and giggling.

But there was never a time where people were like... lets not go over the wall and instead use this crazy passage. Call it a failure of zone design all you want, but disabling it would fundamentally change the zone in a way it was never used for.
  12. yerm Augur

So your server that hasn't reached GoD, has very slow xp rates, and isn't heavily competitive... isn't using glyphs? You got us. Not a problem.

I thought you played on Mangler?
  13. yerm Augur

Be honest: how long between planes of power release and when you personally managed to step a flagged foot into the zone?
  14. taliefer Augur

i play on both. tho its getting harder and harder to log in to coirnav until god launches. but God was beaten easily on phinny without the glyphs.

my main argument is that i think the AA cost offsets the power of the glyphs well enough. its a short term burst of power for a time cost that i feel is appropiate. im pretty sure thats exactly the intended use of the glyphs.

maybe they should cost more on Selo if everyone is just able to fire them off every encounter due to the exp rates, but i dont think removing them because of one servers intended fast pace is the right move.
  15. Quill Augur

I finished flagging for the Elemental Planes in Summer 2003. Which would be like 8-9 months after PoP went online, and they had fixed TRC in May so the top guild had Time on farm. I do not have an exact date but i'm thinking around July or August. By then, a lot of the small stuff on Fennin to finish out was being raided by smaller guilds. The final flag for VZ I got by catching him up and then talking my way onto a La Familia first-time raid. Got in early, got the flag... all that matters.

It would be quite a bit longer before I was Time flagged :>.

Never once did I ever go to a raid in Fire where they didn't go over the wall. Or more appropriately, that they had a raid go through the passage(which is what that other guy is suggesting by disabling lev). I do remember the wall being fairly difficult to get over as you didn't have a lot of margin(and you did have to tilt your camera directly up to lower your fall rate as much as possible)... but as stated, if you got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad.

Once again... if you(Hooden) think people didn't go over the wall, you either didn't play then or didn't know what you were doing.
  16. Bewts Augur

Is that a Hail of Aggro... I mean Hail of Arrows strategy?

We’re far past OMM these days, but we’ve had some interesting z-axis HoA pulls on raids (like Sullon).
  17. yerm Augur

Honestly, I was just seeing if I could troll a novel out of you too.

Nobody cares about lev in pofire. It's a joke. The people making the joke are just derailing the debate over glyphs because other people (you) can't stop defending it and still other people (me) enjoy a good trolling.

If they had existed on phinny they would have been used. Nobody should be questioning this. Aos won the race by what, an hour? You think either guild (or many behind them) wouldn't have used glyphs?

Selo is not the exception because it is fast, coirnav is because it is so slow. Make no mistake though: if you hit a point where numbers dwindle and your guild has a mob whose death potentially hinges on glyph use, everyone will expect a glyph to get used and nobody will respect someone who objects to glyphs. And when the guild knows that unless people glyph encounters might not be done, expectation will be you will farm them. On a more competitive server, that attitude might extend to split vs not. If the ability to do 2x of a top instance hinges on a glyph, people will sneer at not splitting (or worse, trying and failing) because nobody wants to click on dragon scales.
  18. Quill Augur

LOL... you don't have to troll me for that. :p.

Nah... i'm going with Hooden being That Bad at the game and really, really wanting this 'fixed'. ;)
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Right. Because the rest of EQ makes so much sense.
  20. Numiko Augur

Do you think the same Dev's who took the time to make up "Sad Exploitation" gear because people were using Gflux to get into Seru's chamber would not have noticed people floating over walls in PoF and done the same thing?

Not to mention it would be way easier for them to just turn off levitate as a zone wide default vs. having to rewrite the code for the G-Flux spell that they eventually nurfed.