Suggestion for spawn times for TLP quest mobs.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raaziel, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Raaziel New Member

So back in the day it was about a year between expansion packs. Now some timers have been reduced and others have not and that inconsistency seems to cause issues on TLP servers. In particular things like the SK's epic.

I think a simple and elegant solution would be to simply compress the original timers to fit the new 90 day in era time for tlps. IE (timer / 365) * 90 = compressed Timer.

So an 8 hours timer becomes a 2 hours timer. a 2 hour timer becomes a 30 minute timer. The same number of people who could achieve a certain quest in a year would be able to do so in 90 days. This would greatly reduce the bottle neck frustration and still allow for a comparable experience to the original game in the limited in era time we have on TLPs.

Thoughts?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

#whataboutselos?
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yessssss ♤♡◇♧€£¥₩°•○●☆▪︎¤《》¡¿
  4. Raaziel New Member

What about it? This isn't to pace faster than classic its to pace to match the time scale provided proportional to classic. I mean if you actually want the classic experience then have each TLP take 1 year between expansions and leave the spawn timers alone.

5. HoodenShuklak Augur

The churn rate would have 2 tops both in classic. You could literally raid baggy twice in instances in 1 night.

2 dragons.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Except they don't have the ability to change spawn times on one server and not all the rest. They all run off the same background data so if you change one, you change every server.
  7. Therealtieral New Member

And that is fine. It wont effect live servers. But things like the VP key are crippling due to there being 10x the number of people on the server, and the truncated time scale. Mangler is a mess right now because of these keys. If they recognized the Hunter/Forager cycle needed to be changed, than the same realization should be made about the VP key items/spawns. The real gate to that key should be Trakanon, not player "anon".
  8. Gio1999 Augur

Do you guys make dev reports to DBG?

I'm at work so I can't look it up, but I've seen things addressed there.

Duriek should be like a 2 hr spawn.
  9. Arrakis Journeyman

selos gives you this, i suggest that