Does anything last in Gates other than bic?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Jun 25, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo is 4 weeks of gates... then we get a level boost to 70.
    Going from past expansions a level boost basically erases the "need" (and I use that loosely of course) for about just everything.

But there are always a few items with staying power like the soti in classic, mana robe in kunark, aow ring in velious, shrink bracers or various clickies in Vex thal, but what are the Gates of discord items that are worth holding onto? I've heard of the bic aug, but yikes.

Thanks for chiming in.
  2. code-zero Augur

3. shiftie Augur

Lizard plated girdle

And I guess the goats drop one of the only overhaste items for a while available to classes like knights
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There are plenty of items that have some staying power for various reasons. Level 70 in OOW does not automatically mean it has the best items in every slot. That paradigm shift didn't happen until TSS+ (and even then there are some special exceptions).

Do some research on your class.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

You'll still be raiding Tacvi during Omens and DoN, it complements Anguish loot well and some slots from Tacvi are better based on things like heroics or balancing your focus effects across your slots. Damage augs stay relevant for a long time since they aren't easy to replace until at least TSS, and you can't get good groupable damage augs until Crystallos IIRC.

And look at all these clickies: http://www.raidloot.com/Raid.aspx?z_id=tacvi
  6. Duder Augur

The shame never goes away
  7. Aegir Augur

On Phinigel, We didn't stop using BiC Aug in slots until Underfoot expansion coincided with Anniversary Raid/Group Augs. And if you can equip a bow, these start having a slot 8 + a slot 4 aug slot you can put BiC in combined with a slot 8 Stat Aug if you're not using bow for ranged dps. It is basically The TLP Item with biggest longevity value for your investment.

I personally didn't replace Assistant Researcher's Symbol until DoDH or PoR (Can't remember exactly)
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33815

And IMO your concerns about the BiC Quest is only justified if you go out and do the contested Openworld steps at launch.... A lot - and I mean a lot of it is pre-lootable and can be aquired in instanced versions of the zones either by AoC - or normal instances. Give the Openworld parts a couple of weeks and the worst should be over. It's the best Quest I've done in EverQuest by far.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I will forever get GoD and OoW criss-crossed in my head, but I believe the raid gear from GoD is still pretty decent for the group game for quite a while and the level increase makes it a lot easier to acquire.

Unless I am thinking of OoW raids, in which case, yeah I dunno. Maybe the fact I can't remember the difference between the expansions says something about their staying power.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Upgrade to the gobbie skull earring drops in Qvic.
  11. Protagonist Tank

The various AC augs - (Flameshield, Stone Strength, Murkglider Eyes, Claystone of Aegis) have some staying power, for tanks.
    code-zero likes this.