Which epic 1.5 pre-quests are easier than the 1.0?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fiyero, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Fiyero Augur

With Omens coming out on Selo in a little over a month, what would you consider easier for each class, the 1.0 epic or the 1.5 pre-quest?
  2. Nessirfiti Augur

SK for sure.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

Pretty much every class. The whole point of pre-quest is to provide an easier alternative to doing the 1.0
  4. birisu Elder

The shaman 1.5 pre-quest requires you to do 1/3 of the normal 1.0 quest and then grind some items with poor drop rates. The child's tear used to be a bottleneck for the 1.0, but with AoCs that bit is really easy. So you might as well just do the full 1.0 as it's only slightly longer and you get an epic to hang on your wall eventually
  5. suineg Lorekeeper

And boots.

The Paladin epic is pretty easy, especially on Selo. I would do the 1.0 for it instead of the prequest.
  6. Iyacc Augur

I don't know what the pre-quest is for warrior but I would "guess" it's easier than the 1.0.

Spiroc wing blade in PoSky island 5 doesn't drop every time but close enough. You can farm this mob and do many attempts in one trip if you and your friends want to do it. To get to 5th island you have to key a group? or two of people depending on levels/AA/etc.. Deathtouch is an annoying mechanic in era but in PoP they mobs die so fast you probably only get one/two per fight. Can run back up to this island if bad stuff happens but still super annoying to get to this point and farm.

Queen blade in Chardok - drops every time I believe but still annoying to clear down and get. Need a lockpicker. One group can do all of this easy enough unless they stink.

Red/Green scales - easy to kill the dragons but drop rate can be meh.

Hand of the Maestro - was hard fight in era but one groupable now to kill Maestro and spawn the hand. Snare the hand or he might run off across the zone, lol.

There are a half dozen or so other drops with varying drop rates but none really take more than 1 or 2 people probably.

Rebreathers - you have to buy two rebreathers at 1k plat each? more?

Then there's several trips up and down the length of East Karana for turn ins and such.

Very useful epic if you did it in era although much harder then of course. Fun though, if you like to raid.

I'll probably end up finishing mine in the next few days for the simple fact that I've got both blades and hand and couple other pieces in the bank already. Otherwise, I would figure just based on the amount of stuff to do and drop rates on some that the prequest almost has to be easier.
  7. JBizzle Journeyman

Clerics?
  8. yerm Augur

Cleric 1.5 is extremely easy, although the 1.0 can be soloed (give or take a locked door) at 70 and is worth doing.

Necro 1.5 is similarly simple and can be done without deathtouch mob farming.

Enchanter 1.5 now has an aoc for garudon so that ones a breeze if by some strange bad luck the 7d spawns are down.

Magician 1.5 is a breeze.

Bard 1.5 isn't so bad.

Not sure on any others being easier. Note that in EVERY case the fights are harder. It's the lack of camps, drops, or other bottleneck that make it easier.
    JBizzle likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I just did this over the weekend on Phinny and you couldn't be more wrong. The bard 1.5 is horrible. You probably have forgotten the "make the 8 crystals" part where you have to farm drops from Air, Water, Fire, Earth (those are easy) and some rare items like metallic liquid (a 2% drop rate item from PoV). And then once you've got all those done you need to embue them and then combine each of them with a dragorn blood. Dragorn blood is a 5% drop off of dragorns in WoS and Noble's Causeway. You need 8 of them. Never mind the dumb Dragon Necropolis time sync. The bard 1.5 took longer than the shaman, sk, cleric, and monk 2.0s combined.
  10. yerm Augur

That's the actual 1.5, not the prequest. The bard prequest for the 1.5 (the alternative to doing the 1.0) is easier than actually doing the 1.0. To be clear, every thing I stated in my post was referring to the prequest and not the 1.5 quest itself, because it was intended to answer the OP.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, got it.