Unlocking past expansions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Raina, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Raina Elder

I'm thinking of fooling around on live, and was wondering if purchasing the newest expansion unlocks all the previous ones. I believe I only have up to House of Thule.
  2. Prepared Lorekeeper

Yes it does. I did exactly that and when I log in to the selection of servers it shows 25 of 25 expansions now.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

Everyone on Live servers should hate ve access to all expansion CONTENT through Empires of Kunark. Buying the current expansion will get you the current expansion pack your purchase and the CONTENT from Ring of Scale.

I stress CONTENT and define that as access to the quests/zones. Content does not include past item grants (e.g buying the premium version of the Burning Lands WILL NOT give you the premium mounts from the Ring of Scale). I just want to call that out because threads pop up where people are upset or surprised not to find key rings, mounts, etc that we’re bundled with old expansions.

In brief, if you buy the current expansion you will get the current expansion, any goodies listed for the version of the current expansion you bought, and the CONTENT (quests/zone access) to Ring of Scale). You already have access to the other expansion’s content.
  4. Raina Elder

Ok that makes sense. Other question. If I sub, do I still get all the advantages of a full subscription if I don't have the current expansion? AA's, All tier Mercs and all that good stuff. Does not owning the current expansion hurt me at all?

I'm thinking I'll just level up through the past expansions, and if I'm still enjoying it then I might buy the new expansion.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I am subbed but haven't bought an expansion since Secrets of Faydwer (the last time I played before coming back), and it has me at 23 of 25 expansions. I can use Journeyman Mercs and so far have access to all AAs from expansions I am credited with owning.

My understanding is not owning the current expansion doesn't matter until you're nearing max level and want to engage in current content.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

You will specifically not be able to use any content from last 2 expacs. Likely will be able to level past 105, but not get any lvl 106+ spells.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Expansions and all access are two separate things.

You get many benefits with an all access expansion (explained here https://www.everquest.com/membership)

Those are not expansion related.

You can be a free player and buy the expansions and go into the last two expansions and do stuff. That is not All Access related.
  8. Raina Elder

Makes sense thanks for the responses.
  9. roth Augur

Actually .. you should NOT be able to level past 105.

Going from 105 to 110 was a feature of the Ring of Scale expansion. That particular expansion is specifically not part of the free content. I remember reading something somewhere about DBG changing the attitude regarding free content, in that its all unlocked for the previous level cap. This means that since TDS brought us to 105, TBM and EoK are also level 105, those (and anything before) are free. The expansion that brought us to 110, RoS, will not become free until we get an expansion that increases the level cap to 115.