Kunark Wizard Ports

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ermok, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Ermok Lorekeeper

The day has come!

Mangler has been my first experience as a wizard and I'm loving it. However, I can't seem to find a straight answer with all the non-era information about where exactly to purchase my port spells when Kunark drops. Some places say temple of SolRo, others Freeport, and some old forum threads say that the evac spells are drop.

does anyone have a definitive answer so that I know where to sit later today? Thanks!
  2. snailish Augur

Not definitive:

With spells the old thinking was drop only, research only, quest only and some on specific vendor only (chanter spells in High Keep for example).

That held true for a long time. Then they put a bunch into Abysmal Sea on vendors. If a spell is listed there, good chance it is restricted in some way on early progression.

Later, we got Crescent Reach and new research system, lots added into Plane of Knowledge and a revamped Freeport that gained more "modern" convenience for many spells, tradeskill mats and such. And the expac tied spells you have to buy from points/currency vendors (and the modern rank system, but you are far from that on Mangler).

So basically if your wanted spell (or tradeskill/vendor item) is only vendors: abysmal sea, PoK, Freeport, Crescent Reach there is a good chance it is era-locked in some way on progression.

Research access has varied on progression. Last I checked, many players felt it was somewhat broken as far as being useful due to the current era sets...

--limited access to spells in era, researched next era, on the PoK vendor (when that option occurs) 2nd era after is the model many seem to agree balances the fun and use. Hopefully this gets (got) changed.
  3. Spaine_Arcane New Member

My wizard is parked in temple of sol ro to buy the TL spells then will port to NK and pick up dread lands group port (gypsy camp) other spells in FV which I’m gojng to anyways. That’s my plan but who knows I could be wrong lol