keep crashed after update client.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sipurchen@Tunare, May 30, 2019.

1. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

I posted part of my dbg.txt hope it would be helpful for everyone to save time on try, I can't log in, and tried third times to re-install my EQ client from download to run and crashed wasted about 4 hours.
  2. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

additional info today.
    this is a brandnew installed game, and nothing change after downloaded.
  3. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

No Dev cares about "fresh download client" WAS NOT WORKING?
    The Install pack just download from offical site but not work, after installed keep crashed without any useful information in dbg.txt or UIErrorLog.txt, or Just Like as the Problem I posted Last time--files on patch server corrupted??
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I see there was a similar problem with your download last year. Perhaps you are over thinking EQ - it is very basic and sometimes people overthink it.

It certainly sounds like there is something not copacetic between your computer and the EQ program.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

Submit a support ticket if you think it's an actual EQ program issue. They have done hot patches in the past when there has been a
    widespread client issue. I don't see tons of posts from others so I would check your computer closer?

What version of Windows are you using, what are you system specs, etc?
  6. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

Well, I guess someone misunderstanding what I trying to say.
    First, This is a Brand New Downloaded Client. Meanwhile if It can't work properly, files MUST be corrupted.

Second, I was able to play everquest in same environment. Window 7, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6G, I5 CPU, nothing changed even software.

Third, I failed to log in since server down @2019 May 15th. After Tried Many Times with no reason Failed&Crashed on old copies, I tried download a brand new one from DBG Offical site, check for which files got corrupted, and even a brand new copied everquest client from offical site CAN'T WORK without ANY USEFUL INFORMATION---after solve 3 times of UIError then Kick to CRASHED. or You need Record a Youtube video to Joke IT huh?

Submit a support ticket wasn't useful, they don't care, I said. Last Time I did it, They told me to Re-Installed Game to SOLVE IT. Was it a funny things to keeeeeeeep checking error logs, solving UI problems, then got client crashed again?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Things did change on your side. You did not know it. Microsoft pushed a Windows 7 security only update on May 14th that messed with many security settings and programs in computers with Windows 7.

For some there was no noticeable difference in their computers depending on which anti virus or which security settings they were using. For others ie: Sophos antivirus had to have users boot into safemode after the Windows update. I am not saying you have or had Sophos. I am using that as an example.

Rather than saying EQ download is a corrupted file perhaps you should look at your security settings and programs on your computer to see if there are some settings that are not allowing EQ to download as it should. It has long been an issue with the EQ program and AV programs - many of them thing EQ is a suspicious program.

I think like Kermit said that if the EQ clean download was corrupt we would hear much more than one post about it.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

I just booted up one of my old Windows 7 machines, patched, etc. and I got into EQ fine.

Try adding the directory you installed EQ and the patcher to the exception lists of your anti-virus software. I have run into problems where other games like DCUO haven't gotten along with my anti-virus and the files didn't patch correctly?

Try also installing another DBG game like DCUO or EQ2 and see if that patches and runs. If it doesn't then it seems even more likely something on your end needs to be tweaked a little more.

Good luck!
  9. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

Finally I solved this problem with my friend.
    After killed all corrupted files that I found cause it owned different file size in RenderEffects/SPL, and Copied same files from my friend's worked EQ then put them back, it worked. Because the downloaded files just like the corrupted files same as I found, so it still not work to me as I expected, but I don't care as DBG now. I checked the Computer setting like everyone suggested as above, nothing changed as I said before...because I did version control as a bad habit from works and it shown nothing changed hehe. I tried to analysis the corrupted files and found it changed into ASCII after half of normal file content.
  10. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

BTW

any got idea of those 3 files?
  11. GNOME_POWER Augur

DirectX9c installed?
    What about trying to scan disk to your HDD or SSD?
    etc...
  12. sipurchen@Tunare New Member

Sure I did hardware test and got nothing before software test. My Computer is Kind of Healthy.