Requesting Official Clarification on Mangler's Kunark Unlock Date

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Illithis, May 20, 2019.

1. Illithis New Member

I've been directed to the forums by Daybreak's support staff for clarification on the subject title, as per the following:

--- My Original CS Ticket ---

I would like confirmation on the day Kunark unlocks on the Mangler server.

When Mangler opened on "Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 12 PM PT" with unlocks advertised as "initially happen every 12 weeks" and "Expansions will unlock 12 weeks after each other, regardless of when raid content is cleared. " This text suggests Kunark will unlock on June 8th, at 12 PM PT.

The in-game calendar, however, lists June 5th from 4pm to 10pm.

Which is it? There are actually people planning vacations based on this, so the three days does make a difference.

--- Relevant Portion of First Daybreak Response ---

It's likely the calendar may be off or inaccurate, as this has happened in the past before. Please use the /bug report command to alert our Development Team so they can correct it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

--- My follow-up a few days later ---

Would it be possible to get a date from you on which Kunark is *supposed* to unlock on Mangler. I've used the /bug feature in game as suggested, but haven't heard anything back. As mentioned, there are conflicting dates originating from Daybreak currently (06/05 via the in-game calendar, and 06/08 based off the server unlock date and Daybreak's initial statements concerning the unlock timetable).

Having a definitive statement from Daybreak regarding the unlock date would help immensely in terms of clearing up this confusion. It is also very much so in your interest as it will mitigate avoidable anger from the folks who otherwise inevitably will schedule vacation for the wrong days (again, based off prior statements from Daybreak).

--- Relevant Portion of Final Daybreak Response ---

We will be unable to give a definitive answer on when a expansion will unlock on a TLP server. I suggest visiting our forums and post your question on our forums to the attention of our design team. Hopefully you can find the answers you seek there.
  2. Guzzle Augur

I don't believe that ever, in any TLP since Phinigel, that an expansion has unlocked on not a Wednesday.

This has been asked multiple times, before, I believe and the answer has consistently been June 5th and that even the calendar is correct.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't give you an exact answer but I can provide some insight.
    • A "3 month" unlock server is actually 84 days between expansions (those that have a level increase, anyway).
    • Normal expansion release is on Wednesdays.
    • Because Mangler launched on a Saturday, it throws things off the usual Wednesday schedule.
    My money is on June 5.
  4. Illithis New Member

That's my current thinking as well - I'd just like to see a clarifying statement from Daybreak on the matter given their contradictory past statements.

The last progression server I played on was Combine, waaaaaay back when and the unlock mechanics were very much so a work in progress.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We shift the first unlock date to get it to happen on Wednesday, when we like to do unlocks.

The in game calendar is correct.

(The calendar entry is created by the same mechanism that makes the unlocks happen)
  6. Illithis New Member

Thank you for your response.
    Fanra likes this.