Thank you for extended target windows!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by krimmett, May 15, 2019.

1. krimmett Lorekeeper

Title says it all folks. That is all.
  2. Racci New Member

agreed !
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Not classic
  4. Greensealilly Journeyman

Agreed, thanks. Nice quality of life improvement that should have stayed in with all the other ui improvements. Mooor please.
  5. malaki Augur

It's way more than QoL improvement. It's a very powerful gameplay tool that makes things way, way easier.
  6. Ditka Journeyman

Oh please.. if you don't have enough personal awareness to know when multiple mobs are on your hate list then you have way more problems than a target window can solve to make it a powerful tool.

It's a nice convenient addition.
  7. malaki Augur

That's not all the window does.
    Aziuno and Tankz like this.
  8. kdomg Journeyman

Thanks Daybreak!
    Prepared likes this.
  9. Gremin Augur

This is not even close to what else this window can do. You can set it up as a healer to always keep your main tanks on it. That alone makes raiding 10 times easier.
  10. Ceffener Augur

The window is nice, but my life isn’t 10x easier. HToT and target hotkeys make is simple to cycle through main tanks. Each group has dedicated healers and when your running a rotation you have a tank line.

My hot bar will be less cluttered now, healing output isn’t going to change.
  11. Newbie32 Deadbolt - Yelinak

Not every tlp is in classic tho.
  12. theonetheonly New Member

So you're saying with your macros (which have target delay), you're precisely as effective targeting your tanks (who are tanking 4-5 different mobs) 1 by one rather than being able to see all of them at the same time side by side with their relative health? You never have a situation where you stop and heal tank #2 at 70% when tank #3 is at 40% but is later in your macro order so (s)he dies?

Or being able see the number of incoming adds when you aggro them as a puller or as an offtank being able to pre-target incoming adds?

Or cycle through them as a mezzer/debuffer?

I have a hard time believing that, and that's only the basics of what you can accomplish with xtarget.
  13. krimmett Lorekeeper

Progression servers that have not reached Underfoot now allow players at level 20 and higher to use the Extended Target Window.

Where does it say "not classic"
  14. krimmett Lorekeeper

It all depends on which version of the ETW we are getting. The one on live from what im told has an aggro meter built into it, but it was not always this way. The original one allows you to make pretty much another group window of players or npc's of your choosing. You can then create hotkeys or macros to cycle thru them, or cast directly on them.
  15. McGuinness_001 New Member

then feel free to turn it off and not use it... Your displeasure is meaningless to those who enjoy the addition
    Ajjantis likes this.
  16. Ceffener Augur

If you only have 1 healer responsible for healing every single tank in your raid then sure. But no, when you have 7+ Clerics, and dedicated healers in every single group not a lot is going to change on how I heal.

When you have good group composition your healers will be able to make effective use of their group window. It’s a nice add on, but yes I am saying after having raided 14 expansions without it, having it doesn’t make me heal 10x better.
  17. Gremin Augur

I didnt say it would make your healing 10x better, I said raiding. I used the ability to target the main tanks as an example to what you can do with the tool. There is so much you can do with this window depending on your raid role that as a whole I gave it that 10x better value on raiding.
  18. Gremin Augur

Well we have 5 slots currently available until Underfoot expansion that allows you more via AA. Here is the list of things you can currently assign to each slot in Extended Target Window:

Current Target
    Target's Target
    Group Tank
    Group Tank's Target
    Group Assist's Target
    Puller
    Puller's Target
    Group Mark Target 1
    Group Mark Target 2
    Group Mark Target 3
    Raid Assist 1
    Raid Assist 2
    Raid Assist 3
    Raid Assist Target 1
    Raid Assist Target 2
    Raid Assist Target 3
    Raid Mark Target 1
    Raid Mark Target 2
    Raid Mark Target 3
    My Pet
    My Pet's Target
    My Mercenary(Wont apply to use yet)
    My Mercenary's Target

You can auto add hater targets or turn it off

You can view mana and endurance displays for the PCs on your slots.

You can do an infinite amount of save sets, which right there makes life 10x easier on raiding in my mind.

So many possibilities to what you can do with this window, limited only by your imagination.
  19. Vorlic Journeyman

I've never used this before and it's amazing.

Being able to see the health of 5 raid tanks is much more efficient than having to press a hotkey to check each one.

In groups, can create a hotkey to target the enchanter's pet for malo/stun on break.

As a puller, can know with certainty if you need to FD.

There are limitless options for efficiently. Only sad part is 5 targets only!
    jeskola likes this.
  20. malaki Augur

Freeing up a million hotkeys and having latency free target swaps is clearly a minor convenience and not a gameplay change.