Trying to decide.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torthex, May 9, 2019.

1. Darkhain Elder

With PoP, you don't need any slow lol; and beyond even more as it's less effective.
    Pally + druid will clear anything.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

If your raid leader/group lets you get away without slowing things, they are bad. Period.

Slow is one of the most useful debuffs in the game, and remains so from classic to live. Yes, you will get diminished effects after a certain point, but it should ALWAYS be used. You might not NEED it for some things, but it ALWAYS makes things faster and more efficient (i.e. your healer doesn't have to med after every 5th mob, so you can kill/level/progress faster.)

Turgur's Insects is a 75% slow, even mitigated, that makes a huge difference. Lets just say, for ease of explanation, a mob hits the tank 50 times per minute un-slowed. Even if the slow is mitigated down to a 35% slow, the tank is still getting hit 17-18 fewer times within that minute. Even mitigated to a 20% slow thats 10 less hits per minute, or roughly 2400 fewer hits on the tank over the course of a 4 hour grind, assuming you are keeping steady pulls. If you think thats not significant, I don't know what game you are playing.

If slow is available, it should ALWAYS be used. There are some things in GROUP content in GoD and OoW that will decimate a pally + druid combo, assuming they are not best-in-slot raid geared, especially without slow.
  3. Machentoo Augur

This just isn't the case. If your healer is sitting at full mana without slows (and perhaps even able to throw in a few nukes here and there), and you could be using that slower mana to dps and kill more mobs instead of slowing, you should not be slowing.

With raid geared tanks in group content, often slow is a waste of mana.
  4. code-zero Augur

Enchanter and Bard slows are plenty good enough for most groups
  5. Thalliius Augur

Also shamans can Haste, which druids cannot do

I play a warrior and I deeply regret making a Druid instead of a Shaman as my box account
  6. Darkhain Elder

Either buy pots or get haste clicky.
  7. Hadesborne Augur

Choose Shaman - Slow = god pretty much forever.

I mained a necro since '99 and I would say Necro, but since they refuse to revamp their dots, I have to say AVOID necro at all costs. Necros have been snubbed by Sony and now DBG since Luclin came out. Make a secondary character your necro to mess around and solo later on.
  8. Thalliius Augur

Only haste clicky I’ve seen so far is the ornate warrior gloves in PoP and enchanter only items

Pots would work I suppose, but could get expensive and probly won’t be able to hit the 200 haste cap with potions or clickies (warrior ornate glove clicky haste provides very little haste. I havent calculated it yet but it’s real low compared to chanter/shaman or even beast lord haste )