does this exist - Heavy Onyx Heart Scepter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, May 5, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

Dumb Q from a non-raider, if you can use a muhbis to get a better weapon, why is the 2h and 1h being locked behind the last raid a big deal?
    Axxius, Funk and Cicelee like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

It should not be. My only guess would be that maybe a caster would rather spend their muhbis on other items first than a weapon, so locking it behind the last raid forces casters to spend muhbis earlier than they wanted.
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Dropped for us in Mearatas last night.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

I remember EoK monks didnt get their weapon until the last raid. Worst part for me was at the time I was in a guild who couldn't even get to the event since they couldn't beat the first T3 raid there. Was sad times. I eventually moved on. :)
    Voxynn and Funk like this.
  5. Funk Augur

EoK monks had to wait till the final event of the whole expansion to get a 2hb unlocked, then in RoS it was in Tier 2, now in TBL from Tier 1 (dropped weapon at least)
    So they do rotate it, this is just the expansion that casters get their 2hb from the last tier.

Too bad all those dropped weapons minus Bonds Control Severing Blade all go to alts, because weapons made with muhbis made them instantly worthless other than a temporary weapon.

So it really doesn't matter that the dropped caster 2HB comes from tier 3...because any main caster will make their desired weapon with a muhbis.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Funk Augur

Haha beat me to it by a few minutes!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  7. Belkar_OotS Augur

And to add insult to injury the next best monk weapon was locked behind Sathir Vault and Family Line which again many guilds didn't beat.

I love the idea of using tradeskills to make druid scimitars and shaman piercers though.
  8. Sancus Augur

I know it's far easier said than done, but I wish the CRT program was maintained (no mages that were in it still play on live, and I know a number of other classes also have no representatives) or that something similar was implemented to vet/filter this feedback.

There's such a thing as bad feedback/opinions, and the idea that you're "wasting [your] time making" the 2h caster weapon certainly qualifies. It is the highest DPS caster weapon option, and running a 2 hander has been the "meta" for Mages/Wizards in raids for years. Players are welcome to have preferences, but it's objectively optimal in a number of situations. I think it's fair to say that it being a "waste" is inaccurate, rather than a difference of opinion.

I don't envy you having to create items for and process feedback regarding sixteen different classes, and I really appreciate that you try to nonetheless. It just saddens me that there are people giving that feedback and that there isn't a great way to properly vet it.
    Brohg, bbanz and Behelit like this.
  9. svann Augur

I dont think it really is a big deal, except that a weapon that only drops in the last raid is supposed to be something to look forward to and instead no one will want it except fresh recruits and alts. That just seems kind of a waste. Gear is supposed to go to alts when everyone that needs it already has it, not because its something no one wants. But ok no biggie - alts need lovin too.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Caster 2h is highly desired.
    Priest 2h is highly undesired
    bbanz, Tucoh and Sancus like this.
  11. Funk Augur

Then the problem is the fact that muhbis weapons for every class make all actual raid dropped weapons obsolete. I think it's the expansion loot design that is the issue, not what tier any particular weapon drops in.

Regardless of what tier a weapon drops in for TBL, it's disregarded by all raiders minus the Bonds Control Severing Blade and maybe a couple random weapons for rangers for fun who already have a muhbis bow.

So I think that's where the focus should shift in the conversation, we should move past the caster weapon dropping in tier 3 cause that's not the real issue. The issue is dropped weapons being so much worse than muhbis that they are deemed worthless by mains.
    I think they should bring up ratios of dropped to match muhbis weapons.
  12. Tucoh Augur

makes sense.

I don't raid and don't have any skin in the game but my opinion about this stuff in general is that raids should:
    1. Have a t1 that are as difficult as the prior expansion's T2 that mid-tier raiding forces (like RoV's casual raids) can do to get some nice loot.
    2. Have a t2 that high-end raiding forces can clear to get the high end loot.
    3. Have at least one stupid-hard raid like Mearatas that drops t2 loot + high-prestige items like mounts / illusions / Element of Kunark / Muhbis' / Mask of Immortal End etc etc. The kind of item that you can stand in the middle of PoK with and really show off.

You don't even need two sets of gear for t1 / t2, just have the weapons / visibles drop in T2 and everything else drop in T1.

That way mid-tier raid forces can get some easy gear to keep their team together, high-end raid teams can get the full set of gear by doing moderately difficult raids and world-class raid teams can try-hard and get real prestige items.
    bbanz likes this.
  13. svann Augur

I disagree. IMO its ok if the first weapon you get from an expansion is replaced later with a better one. That's just progression. Its not ok if by the time a weapon drops *everyone* already has better. The lesser one should drop before the greater one.
    If raiders are passing on weapons because they are waiting for their turn at a muhbis I think that is an attitude problem.
  14. Axxius Augur

What else did you want to upgrade first? I made my new weapon as soon as I got a muhbis. IMO it's the best use for it. Even if the non-muhbis weapon dropped in T1 raids, I would still go for the muhbis one.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Sleeves for the extra fire focus
  16. Sancus Augur

Until the February patch, the new 2 handers were lower DPS than Rod of Ri`zyr because they were missing a proc rate modifier. I'd imagine that swayed a number of people to other options.

We also had no arms drop for the entirety of our keying process through T1, so those two factors led me to make arms first.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would have rather made my visables than be forced to make my weapon because it is locked behind the final event, which still only 5 guilds have beaten. :rolleyes:

As long as items in the final events are rotated around each expansion, I don't have a problem with casters taking their turn.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is a horrid idea, evryone needs visibles, they should drop from the first raid beaten. how do you expect to get a full raid of 54 + bench members geared up if they don't stop dropping until T2? Non visibles have multiples of items dropping for the same slot.

The system we currently have works much better, with visibles dropping from every raid and non vis stuff being split among all raids.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tradeskill being the best is really messing with loot not being desired from chests, from a raid chest perspective the way things were last expansion was a lot better, with tradeskill items being slightly less than raid items, it ment everything in the chests was an upgrade regardless of having made a TS item or not.

If TS items were not better than raid items, everything in the final chest would always be desired. As it stands now anything put in the final chest will go to waste as those classes with items in that chest that are desirable would have created better from TS.
    Funk likes this.
  20. Funk Augur

Well the greater one drops in every raid, so you get the best in slot from the first event in the expansion in the form of a muhbis.
    This makes all weapons from raid chests in TBL temporary fixes. The gap from dropped to crafted is significant enough that not a single class will use a dropped weapon except warriors.
    How is it an attitude problem to want your raid force in all muhbis weapons because they are the best in the game?

Like I said the problem is with the design where crafted is so much more desirable than dropped due to a sizeable ratio gap that dropped are viewed as only temporary weapons.