The Trials and Tribulations of Automating 24 Necros on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Heheheheh, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Moranis Augur

My best guess would be that guys like this and <always camps Ice Giants on Mangler with his horde of mages> all do probably the same thing:

AHK scripts pounding some /tar and /pet attack macro with GINA triggers to make fun noises (or play Wham!) when they get tells so they can stop watching Netflix, , etc. and respond to a GM.

It's simple and impossible to police with the current ruleset.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It's funny to watch you guys about other people, so please keep the updates coming. You are essentially his fan club :D

Other than your baseless accusations, I haven't seen any reason this guy should be worried about anything. He's still paying more money to DBG than all the (wannabe) tattletales on this thread, and it doesn't look like he's doing anything against the rules.

Meanwhile, you guys are talking about trains and intentionally harassing him. Just let the guy play the game (as he legitimately is) and you do your own thing. It's the same thing your mother and your teachers told you when you saw another kid with a toy you liked.

HAHAHHA I'm just kidding - please keep the entertainment complaints coming!
  3. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

He started casting spells now that Ive been charming giants to be able to pull them
  4. Heheheheh New Member

Glad to see you took the time to register one of your accounts on the forums. Like you took the time to join our Discord and cry about ending up in a death loop and having over 70 corpses. You have this uncanny ability to claim you don't care or that you find it all funny, while at the same time demonstrating the exact opposite. After all, there's a reason you moved to Rathe...
    Ajjantis likes this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think your attempt to sidestep the argument you were losing by making an unrelated shame attack has failed, as you most certainly have me confused with somebody else. I've been a contributing member of this forum for many years (check my history), and the only Live server I play on is Bristlebane. (And I'd be happy to help you out if you ever try that server - just shoot me a private message).

But go on with your crazy self - this is making for a great a Saturday morning, and I'm not even playing the game! :)
  6. KronoKing Elder

they dont care how many characters you box. theres a 48 boxer on coirnav whos been reported multiple times and long as youre not afk its fine. people have been boxing 24 characters for awhile, like the AE PLer in seb since phinigel who had 24, who was witnessed casting stuns and aes at the same time and the GMs did nothing. as long as hes not afk, or caught training hes fine.

honestly in the beginning of these classic server launches, its a race to seafuries/hill giants casue krono are so cheap in terms of plat that you can make a few thousand dollars in a week doing that (when krono are 700p or less especially), so by the time he gets in trouble (maybe) hell have made plenty of money to start over.

they used to punish people at hgs for monopolizing a camp or killing hasten. you can report him but in my experience theyll just send him a tell and if he replies hes fine. i doubt hes using /stick and casting at the same time or sending pets at the same time isnt against the rules anymore. monopolizing a zone or a camp doesnt seem to matter, if that was a thing then AE groups pulling the whole upper floor of seb would have been hit with that.

most likely he has a repeater key setup and audio triggers for are you afk, or hello, or tells. so he is nearby "enough" to respond in a timely manner, or its next to his bed while he sleeps.

this is why a gm showing up saying "are you afk" isnt good enough. sometimes gms will kill your pets and see if you react, or remove your buffs, or summon you, but that seems to be a rare action and the go to action is "hello im gm so and so, are you there?" and then their job is done.

history has shown us that they wont punish these people but they will change game mechanics to prevent this in the future if it becomes a big enough issue, a good example is the prod for HS key, which the mob now spawns more and in multiple spots. Or mark of the mighty on raid targets. For HGs they could increase spawns, spawn rates, increase/decrease plat drops so they arent valuable farming anymore. I'd bet on future changes to make HGs not profitable anymore, easiest fix for them.
  7. trollmind New Member

I can confirm this is Atabishi. He is perma banned from boxing in Everquest.

If you guys submit all his toons name and link it to Atabishi, and point out in your petitions that this guy is perma banned from boxing EQ, that will help them investigate and ban this guy again.

The devs, CSR, and exec producer hate this guy as much as we do.

One of the most toxic pieces of filth you'll ever talk to in EQ. He is obsessed with efreeti in classic. He doesnt' give a crap about other people, community or this game. He trash talked daybreak and their staff so much they finally just perma banned him.

apparently this clown has found a little VPN workaround to not be immediately detected by their company, but I'm sure once they realize it's him they can nail him with a little digging quite easily.

Petition him, include the name Atabishi along with all the boxes names, and I guarantee you when that information reaches the right ears this guy is going to disappear, as he has every server once the petitions linking him to the correct name appeared. Guaranteed~
  8. trollmind New Member

PS EVERY major boxing/boting problem in EQ atm disappears when daybreak actually breaks the VM that's advertised on the major bot site. even in the last patch that supposedly was targeting VMs, they failed to break the main one that's advertised along with XXbot~ go figure
    KronoKing likes this.
  9. KronoKing Elder

^
    unfortunately the increased XP rate helps these kinds of people. he'll have made enough profit by the time DBG acts on this, and with faster XP it'll be a blink of an eye to start over again, cause after all he made profit before ban and thats what hes here for. this is the downside to faster xp, less consequence for getting suspended/banned.

granted necro pets arent as strong as mage pets so its a little harder in the beginning when starting over but with that many the weakness of a necro pet isnt a big deal anymore. with lich and poison bolt x5 or x24 mobs die fast, you could even not do lich and just use your 500 SC to buy the mana pots in the low levels which will keep you killing constantly if each necro casts one dot.
  10. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

After spending a little more time here, I think maybe his stuff is a little smarter than appears. If I attack a giant skeleton or cyclops, he pulls his pets off it. Not the case with hill giants.
  11. Moranis Augur

Honestly, DBG just needs to remove the crazy HG plat loot or make them significantly harder than other mobs. Hill Giants, Ice Giants, and Seafuries are responsible for a completely disproportionate amount of platinum on the server and they can easily be AFK farmed with very crude automation (AHK or the like) that passive detection won't catch.

Make HGs and IGs drop like 1-3pp per kill, and remove valuable plat loot from seafuries and I think much of this toxicity will go away...the AHK boxers will not be nearly as profitable.

I realize it won't do anything for the more sophisticated botters, but you can't win them all.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Boxers are not your enemy. I'm not sure why you need an enemy, but it's not boxers.

HG have always been heavily camped. For decades. The boxers aren't spreading the hate. The toxicity is from adults who feel entitled to mobs and would rather b itch and moan than play harder and compete with everybody else.
  13. Jezzie Augur

The hate is directed towards botters and I don't blame them for that.
    You can leave the boxers out of it. Let the botters defend themselves
  14. Atabishii Elder

You can confirm this? Everyone know's I stopped farming after agnarr. You really think im running non-stop box army's while running raids 7 days a week? You're giving me more credit than I deserve apparently. Guess everyone needs fans.

If you're looking for the people actually running these bots, I'd look towards trollmind and kronoking, with their obvious divert attention to atabishi who plays 1 char move.
  15. Proh New Member

This

The complaint I am making and most others is that who ever this guy is, is not playing 20+ accounts by hand. Its a straight 3rd party botting program
  16. Christopher84 Journeyman

Botters will always gravitate to the spots where they can farm the most platinum/loot. You nerf HGs and Seafuries, they will just move to another spot. By nerfing the content, you only end up hurting the people who are trying to play legitimately.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. trollmind New Member

I straight told you guys how to get him banned and it's like none of you even heard me. He even came on this thread to defend himself on Atabishi rofl. Can you even ask for a clearer sign it really is him lol.

daybreak can see through most vpns in their game. it's just a question of them having a reason to look ~
  18. KronoKing Elder

[IMG]
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Thankfully, this kind of backwards thinking that endorses e-bullying and cyber harassment is already on the way out. The previous blowback against the kinds of underhanded, shameful, and disgraceful, gameplay that marked open world competition led to the creation of raid instances, so that raiders became able to consume game content without having to deal with malicious individuals who take their enjoyment from depriving other people from having a good time.

Hopefully, Daybreak policy makers will continue along this path and realize that raiders aren't special customers that deserve consideration not given to non-raiders, and will allow its development team to continue creating solutions so that their customers aren't forced into continual abuse while playing this game.
    Faydark likes this.
  20. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

LOL! To the pyres with Atabishi! Burn the blackguard at the stake!

Seriously though, get in the back of line Obsessed Fan #1231231231 ^_^