boxes and more boxes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protius, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

It intrigues me that there is all of these accounts with scripted box teams still running around everywhere. Daybreak makes a grip of cash within the first 2 weeks of an expansion (watered down versions of 17-18 year old expansions previously released and repainted/re-vamped to be higher level content) and still there are violations of EULA and other game play policies going on constantly. That whole thing about "watered down/repainted expansions" is for another section and thread but, here on Mangler there are still dozens of box players doing what they do. Even after the Ban hammer comes in for them. Surely, there are interns putting their big ol' dinosaur brains together to stop it. Certainly, there could be some progress into cutting it down even further. Are there even posts or topics from the DBG team regarding these issues? I'd like know more, Jonnyrico! ;)
    SloppyPoppy and Dragon Jockey like this.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

Ban a box team, less than 2 days later back in action cause its not hard to hit max level.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

4. code-zero Augur

They really should have kept the harsher experience and the death penalties on Mangler.
  5. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I'm not calling for action to control kill stealing or name calling. DPS races is what they have delightfully renamed kill stealing and people do it on a regular basis. I have even "won a DPS race" for the Ancient Cyclops ring against a Monk while playing my Shadow Knight ;). Had plenty of targets I wanted taken from me by some random person playing a caster and can't do anything about it because... DBG says it is what it is. Harsh language and telling people "QQ" or to go somewhere else is the only few responses people with negative intentions seem to have in their arsenal. I've made a few posts that got deleted for harshly describing how I feel about box teams and it attracted baddies to come and troll my post.
    Even now there is a "QQ" comment on here because they are in disagreement with what I have to say or inquire openly on a forum. I'm not calling for action to have botters stopped entirely... those individuals who have spent 100's of their hard earned dollars by whatever means to play dozens of characters have every right to play Everquest and continue to feed DBG money. Individuals blowing retirement money for 6 computers to run 6 characters around (that is how it is supposed to be) is fine. Welfare recipients and those on minimum wage or disability and even unemployed all have every right to live the dream of playing 6+ characters at once if thats how they want their gaming experience to go. Individuals living under mom and dad's roof are in there, too, who want to box several characters at once. Moar powah 2 u, I say!
    I am thinking that a GM character should be put back into play to catch the people (boxers and non-boxers) running scripts to track things when they're not playing a Ranger, Druid, or Bard or any other class that has some kind of tracking ability. Warping around to and fro with ease to sneak and cheat your way through a dungeon is not part of the EULA as third party programs are against the rules. As I stated initially, I would like to, without rummaging through the troll posts, or highlights about hotfixing kitty cats into load screens, know about what DBG really does do to find and halt the cheaters.
  6. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

TPP's are being used on raid content as well...
  7. Grailer Augur

Well that’s a shame . But how does that effect me ?
  8. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Its not all about you.
  9. trollmind New Member

grailer is a millennial. that's basically the only truth he knows in this world. the rest is just subjective =D
  10. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Mostly, just trolling and bait questions.
  11. SloppyPoppy New Member

You know things are bad when i make a brand new toon in cabilis, go out to the newbie yard and i see a dude right in front of me hack and warp... on Selo... lol It's wild wild west out there on these TLP servers, it's a shame, ruins the playing experience for legit players. /feels..
    Protius likes this.