Necro Dot Revamp and The Issue with Chanters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dawdle, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

Necros are broken on the TLP's, especially from pop through SoD, but the dot revamp isn't the answer. The dot revamps have never been aimed at balancing the TLP's, and the necro version wouldn't be any different. If they ever do the revamap, it will be focused on live, and at best just have some trickle down impact on the TLP's that may or may not improve the situation for necros.
  2. Hadesborne Augur

Here is where I think you are a bit off in your opinion. If the revamps were ONLY meant for live, then they never would have scaled the revamps for other classes all the way back to lvl 1. So YES, indeed the revamps were meant for ALL levels. This was partly to solve the buff limit issue, but also by retroactively scaling them back to lvl 1, they partly solved the disparity, at least that other classes had, between DoT ramp up time and nuke dps. The devs have known this was an issue for well, decades now.

But all this is just BESIDE THE POINT. The other classes have had their revamp and it is high time the necromancers had theirs. I think that the necromancers that have not abandoned their class have shown an incredible amount of patience with this issue. Three years is a LONG time to wait. My company's customers would not be nearly as patient towards me as we have been.
  3. Grailer Augur

For 20 years charm has been overpowered .
  4. javiere New Member

The amount of "blah blah wasn't for TLP" is ridiculous - the fact is it has nothing to do with TLP or live, dot amalgamations affect every dot a char gets from their second dot in a line, so that directly impacts every dot class clear from classic, which includes every TLP.

And charm nerfs? Well yes, charm IS nerfed later, the problem is they put an arbitary cutoff in and left charm OP before that level. So they freely admit it is a problem, they wouldn't have nerfed it otherwise, but through pure laziness didn't extend those changes right down to original charms.