PoP Keying on Mangler/Selos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by levster, Apr 17, 2019.

1. levster New Member

Was just wondering if Planes of Power will require full keying for zone access upon launch, or if it will be open like Live servers?
    Apologies if this was already addressed.
  2. Domniatric Augur

I have been curious about this too. Since I am taking a more casual approach to selos and not joining a raiding guild I hope it's unlocked although, I suspect it will be locked. If it is locked, hopefully we can get some open raids going for the purpose of keying.
  3. Trason New Member

Pretty sure its going to require keying but sorry I don't know 100%. My guess is it will drop requirements in the same era that live did. The reduced lockout timer + increased named should make flagging twice as fast - getting giant parts in PoStorms etc. imo PoP will last several months, gear was still great in GoD era. Hopefully there will be plat / open raids for people to flag that are slightly behind.
  4. Imukai Augur

It's been locked on previous TLPs, no reason to presume otherwise for the newer ones.
  5. Domniatric Augur

I thought there was a chance it might be different on Selo's because it was billed as "casual" and "fast". And there is no way a casual is going to get to experience the vast majority of that content fast. But, I agree with you. It is probably locked.
  6. DeseanJackson Augur

The casual bit was dropped a while ago, time to let that go. Selo is a fast progression server.

As for locked, Yes keying and flagging apply in era. For later eras, they do unlock at certain points based on era/level. For example, BoT opens to 62+ once LoY or LDoN opens (cant remember which).
  7. Mourne Journeyman

They confirmed that LoY will be unlocking with PoP, so some keying won't be required, some will.
    JBizzle likes this.
  8. JBizzle Journeyman

Oh thank goodness.
  9. Volts Elder

Will be full keying. If you aren't in a raiding guild, I'm sure there will be GDKP raids for flagging. You will also likely be able to pay people for elemental flag hails.
  10. Volts Elder

I wouldn't count on this, seems like bad info. I don't think these requirement were removed from Phini till GoD or OoW. You still even had to have a VT key during PoP and LDoN. I'd expect full keying being required for all PoP zones during PoP, LoY and LDoN.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

Unless something has changed-- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:progression_Servers

When is keying/flagging no longer required for expansions?

ExpansionAreas Unlocked
    Luclin Classic.
    Planes of Power Veeshan's Peak, Old Sebilis, Howling Stones.
    Gates of Discord Sleeper's Tomb.
    Omens of War Ssra Emp Chamber, Vex Thal.
    Dragons of Norrath Planes of Power level requirements only for progression zones.
    One month into POR Gates of Discord
    The Serpent Spine Trials no longer needed for Anguish. Only signets are needed
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

On Agnarr you can access all PoP zones at level 62+ except for Sol Rol Tower and Elementals, and that’s in LDoN. Obviously does not count for actual flags, AA, or charm upgrades, but you can enter the zones.
    Volts likes this.
  13. Ruggar Lorekeeper

Pop will require flags which if your in a raiding guild shouldn't really be an issue with the exception of Plane of Storms.

The real question is here will the Giants in Storm pop every 2 hours instead of every 4 with the increased spawn rate?
  14. ShivanAngel Augur

I wish they popped every 4 hours... think its every 8 with a small variance.....

Also the increased spawn rate ALREADY existed on TLP servers, the patch notes made it so the increased spawns also happen on live servers.
  15. Domniatric Augur

Yeah, I am not in a raiding guild. I am burnt out on raiding obligations and wanted to take the casual grouping/soloing approach to experience a lot of later content I never played quickly. Selos was originally advertised as casual. But, I guess that has been retracted.

But that is what it is. I will be paying well for elemental flag hails for me and my box (PST Dominatricks). And I will be joining or starting open raids for lesser plane access.
  16. Ruggar Lorekeeper

I read this as I just want to sit in Tactics and Charm things for AA :) (jk Dom.. love you :) )
  17. Domniatric Augur

Hey, I am happy tearing through rats in CoD if I have to stoop that low.
  18. Ruggar Lorekeeper

I could have sworn it was 4 on Angarr but I could be wrong.
  19. Domniatric Augur

It was a massively contested toxic DPS race bottleneck in the early days. That's all I remember.
  20. ShivanAngel Augur

The first 2 weeks or so unless you are willing to deal with/engage in toxic playstyle, poopsock, and in general hate yourself just avoid PoStorms.