Most people on Mangler have been great... but...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pharone, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Pharone Elder

So far, the majority of people I have ran in to on the Mangler server have been great. These people are there playing the game they played many years ago, and they are making friends and having fun.

Then.... there's the usual crowd that goes from new TLP to the next treating it like their personal playground to wreak havoc upon as many people as possible and treat them like dirt because they can.

Case in point...
    1. Was in Unrest last night at the Fireplace camp for a couple hours killing
    2. During that time, we could hear an argument in the Main Room camp about someone stealing their camp
    3. The person stealing the camp was making comments as if it was their camp and that they had been there before anybody else showed up (for which we know was not true because we had been at FP and knew there was a group in MR all along)
    4. The argument continued on for quite some time with the camp stealer using level 50 out-of-group boxes to power level his low level box group. He continued to make comments in say to make it look like he was innocent and was being harassed by the group that he took the camp from. It was pretty pathetic how he was basically just stealing their camp and mocking them.
    5. About thirty minutes later, a level 50 druid ran by our group at the FP camp, and came back to train the whole third and fourth floor on us to kill us.
    6. I was bound right outside of Unrest, so I was able to run back to the camp in less than a couple minutes only to find that the same guy that stole the camp from the Main Room was there with his power leveling crew now killing right on top of our corpses.
    7. That level 50 druid that trained and killed us was power leveling him.
    8. His comment to me was "the camp was open". Yeah... it was open because he intentionally trained us, so he could move in to the spot.
    9. He had a box crew of low levels and a power level box crew of level 50s.
    10. As far as he was concerned, the game is his, and all of us are in his way, so we can all just go to hell.
    It's these horrible low life individuals that ruin servers. He wont run me off though. I will continue on, and I will remember every single one of his boxes. As Aria Stark would say, "they're on my list".
  2. Vinlail New Member

I couldn't agree with you more. The majority of people I have encountered have been great as well. I also have a list going since nothing will be done about those that don't play well with others.
  3. Jezzie Augur

That used to happen on Live servers. Level 105 bards running around Crescent Reach killing everything while regular xp groups had to sit and wait for them to move on.
    Then Daybreak came up with Heroic toons and the problem went away, as did all the Powerlevelling for plat spam in /general.
    If only Daybreak could think of something similar for the TLP's, I think that would be a great idea!
  4. Christopher84 Journeyman

So far I the number of truly despicable player interactions I've had can be counted on only one hand. When it comes down to it, they act the way they do because they know they can get away with it and DBG cannot/will not enforce any rules or discipline.
    Dragon Jockey and Pharone like this.
  5. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

I've been staying outside of Unrest and killing on the outskirts because of crap like this.

Heck one instance I was in EVERYONE was of the same guild. Whacky.

Sorry this happened to you. People can be right up jerks.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  6. Ceffener Augur

People PL all day every day, spamming those same chat channels today. Just go log on FV.
  7. NoWay Augur

8. Jezzie Augur

I did once years ago, They wanted 1 mil plat for a full set of crude defiant. I never went back. I wonder if those PL'ing services on FV slow down with the launch of every TLP server?
  9. a_librarian Augur

People who PL in high traffic grouping zones like Unrest are . I suggest getting some recording software set up in case you need to use it to prove you were trained and get these people a vacation from the game
  10. Meridian Augur

like this is exactly the problem I (and most others) have with box crews.
  11. Ceffener Augur

That’s because crude defiant is equal to the gear you get for free in tutorial and people are trolling. (Though I did manage to sell I higher level defiant BP for 100k once, most pieces sell for a couple hundred pp). But on live PLing 1-60 or 85 isn’t we’re its at...you can molo 1-60 in a day. PLing 85+ and thousands of AA is what they are selling.
  12. ShivanAngel Augur

I think people forget that this happened back in the day...

Getting pushed or trained out of camps....

Rose colored glasses...

It might not of happened with the same frequency, but it happened.

Not excusing the behavior, but acting like EQ used to be this "amazing game where everyone got along and held hands while respecting camps and never KSing" is not the eq I rememeber back in 2000
  13. Jezzie Augur

Autogrant doesn't take care of the AA? I know all the PL'ing spam stopped completely on Vox. I would imagine because of the ruleset that FV sees the most RMT action of any Live server so it might make sense that their /general is still plagued with that advertising.
  14. Ceffener Augur

Still got 15k ish AA to grind after autogrant these days.
  15. Jezzie Augur

Wow, glad I quit during TBM, think I had 12-13k on my druid, couldn't imagine grinding 15k more on top of that. I guess the Heroic toons are in serious need of a revamp on Live then.