Its not Truebox!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tullian, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Tullian Journeyman

So is DBG planning on doing anything about the players who are using virtual windows? proxy so they can play multi accounts on 1 PC but to DBG its showing them on different PC's. If people are just going to find ways around Truebox then why not make it so everyone can just box however many acts they have active or do something about the players that find new ways to do it or the guys who can make their compiles so they can script
  2. Kibanu Augur

It's not as easy as you think to do. A server can be set up to run several Virtual Machines that aren't aware of each other as being Virtual Machines. The Operating System on each VM is independent and thinks it's a real physical PC. Basically, each VM can be set up to be like a laptop / PC on a local network. How do you really expect them to be able to code around this? The only way to at least slow it down would be to prevent packets from more than one client on a single IP address. Granted, most people that know how to set up a VM cluster can also set up network tunnels to get around this limitation as well. You won't stop the truly dedicated people from boxing. It sucks but it's the reality. P99 requires permission to run multiple clients from a single IP. That helps, but as you've probably read, it doesn't stop it entirely.

I run four separate computers at my house and I use Multiplicity because one of them has a malfunctioning keyboard. I never broadcast keystrokes (i.e. I switch control to laptop 2 and do whatever command, then switch back). If this were to get me banned, I'll leave because I feel that I'm playing within the "rules". I also spend way too much money buying experience potions to level my boxes all the time. If they ban me, I'll gladly take my money elsewhere. I do not pay for accounts with Krono. I also don't farm camps. I play on Coirnav still.

Anyhow, sorry... tangent there. There's no true way to stop the dedicated people who either know what they are doing or have friends that know what they are doing. :(

IMHO, they should police players and ban botters that way. They are pretty easy to spot and those people that are locking down camps and selling loot don't pay for their accounts with $$. They use Krono from farming in-game camps.