End of Empire Bugged?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadira, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

I remember there was a bug where the Soulfeaster at the end would occasionally not come down the ramp. Killing them was still doable but required heavy ranged dps or lots of healing on melee.

I have done about 10 attempts at this event, and each time the feasters never come down the ramp. Anyone else notice this? Any work around? Any plans on devs to fix it? Is it somehow intended?
  2. Daedly Augur

I had this happen to me a lot. So i would do my best to make sure I was fighting every wave as close to the ramp as possible. As it seemed to me like it had something to do wether or not the NPC's got aggro. Then someone told me the reason I was having issues with it is because I wasn't using the sheilding clicks. Since I have followed their advice, I have never had a problem.
    Cadira likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

That's crazy, interesting stuff. As it happens I was not using a single shield click. Do you imagine I have to constantly use them or ...just one single use during the entire event will cause them to come off ramp? Or a click has to happen after they go active to make them come down?
  4. Duder Augur

This happens if you dont attempt to click a shield. You must at the least attempt to click one, you do not have to succeed in blocking a meteor i dont think. After coming to this conclusion and attempting to click a shield for the very first meteors that came down I never encountered it again
    Cadira likes this.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

Unless it's a new bug you don't have to click, from what I've seen it's random. I just came back a two weeks ago from RoS. I used to farm missions for gear for my two set of 6 boxes and outside of EoE being buggy I could never figure out why sometimes they came down off of ramp and didn't.

What I will say though is I never click the shields ever. Too much of a pain multiboxing.
  6. Daedly Augur

I only click it once like Duder mentioned. I do it in the very first with no regard for repositioning to make it actually block anything.
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Cadira Augur

Very good info folks I'll try this out tonight after work
  8. gnomeboss Augur

get remi to hs them if they won't come down even with shield click. that's how i did it. not with remi, obv, but still ~
  9. Cadira Augur

Remi is too busy to help me. I got a rogue but doesn't help from far away! Should come get remi to help me yourself
  10. Absor Developer

There's pretty much no chance that clicking the shield or not clicking the shield has anything to do with those guys moving. I'll make a note to look into it when I can for the May update.
  11. Tucoh Augur

12. Cadira Augur

Goof stuff. My Google search did not come up with that thread, although it doesn't appear to have gotten any attention from devs or provide any workarounds so I'm glad I made a new one.

I have a ranger I could bring in but he's not part of my "team" and would like to do it with them, as all toons except the cleric need medalions. I have beaten it thrice with my team, out of maybe 11 or 12 attempts. Best strategy is to burn down first two dogs, then boss, then 2 more dogs, then soul feasted iirc. But so much can go wrong with multiple dog spawns and eating aes from boss as well as them since I can't kill them until after the boss is dead.
  13. Cadira Augur

So I grabbed a shield this attempt. I had veterans killed before the first meteor's even spawned. Soulfeasters were stuck on the stage. I was going to wait to click shield assuming it'd appear when veterans appeared but no dice. So i go ahead and click shield despite no meteor's about to rain down on me to see what happens.

Sure enough, about 5s later the soul feasters come off stage to attack me, their dogs were already there. So, seems they are on to something here.
    Brohg likes this.
  14. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Maybe I'm the odd one out, I usually prefer that they stay up on the stage. Kar' Zok Warleader Hegron is actually punt-able so usually we kill:

3, 2, 3 and then punt. (balancing)
    Kill 2 dogs
    kill soulfeaster 1
    kill 3rd dog that has spawned by now
    then kill soulfeaster 2
    then kill Warleader

It's certainly less hectic than if they come down and you're fighting two soulfeasters and two dogs with more possibly coming.
  15. Absor Developer

I can't even imagine how, but I'll keep it in mind.
    Daedly and Cadira like this.
  16. Morthakia Augur

I’ve done this mission dozens of times. The soulfeasters don’t come until the third veteran dies. Run your tests again and try to see if the timing of third veteran’s death affects the releasing of the soulfeasters.
  17. Cadira Augur

That may be a mechanic, I'm pretty good about balancing the veterans down usually so they die pretty close together. I've Def killed two of the three and still had one up for a considerable amount of time (unlucky timing on dicho and assassinate procs) and got the dogs to come after me, but still no soule asters after the third death or death of dogs or the named.

Either way, I've clicked the shield randomly on two attempts now and each time the soul feasters came down like they should. Idealy you click the shields to avoid the meteors anyways but they don't even spawn for me by the time I kill the last veteran (I guess I'm a boss at dpsing?).
  18. Tuco Augur

If it helps here's a video of the event when it bugs out. Like I said before it's happened 100% of time I've brought a melee-heavy group (this time it was war/brd/sha/3x ber) and 0% of the time I've brought ranged dps (Specifically my mage).

Also note that I ran into this bug during the event on my bard early on into the fight and was a bit annoying because I barely failed the event. I remember hearing before a dev say this was an issue that was looked into and determined to be non-trivial to fix.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1810
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-292
  19. Nniki Augur

Test Update 05/07/2019
  20. Duder Augur

So what was the issue Absor?