Mangler AC camp Monopoly

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alister, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Alister New Member

Qaden Felan gold farmer in OOT AC Camp Manglar

Something has to be done about this gold farmer, its one guy with 12 accounts farming both OOT picks of the AC camp. The cyclops Island is one of if not the biggest source of the income for everquest (gold coming into the realm), and it is controlled by one guy. I really don't think this was ever the intent of the games design, he uses his enchanter (one in each pick) to pull all the Cyclopes to his 5 bot mages and kills everything, OK bad enough but if you happen to pull a mob he just charms it and take it anyway. This was done to me with the AC, I had it to 50% health and Qaden runs up charms the mob and takes it back to his army of bots.

If this was a pvp sever people could just kill him and that would be the balancing effect, but since this is a pve server players have no real way to combat this type of behavior. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way I have talked to a lot of people, and they are just as frustrated as I am. I really like EQ is there not some way for Day Break to fix this?
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Blastoff Augur

You can pull elite goblin isle to him. Last time I tried I got at least 40 of em. I did have a mount though and some are sowed. So you'll have to work harder to do it.
  3. r_sin New Member

i petitioned this guy with video evidence 2 times and nothing is done about it. i've given up hope.
  4. Thewiz Augur

I also petitioned him with video evidence, SIX times with no results. This guy is on 24/7 as well. And when you dispell his charm from the mob you have already engaged he sends you tells stating he is reporting you. In my petitioned I have asked if one can dispell a charm in this situation without breaking any rules but i haven't got a reply.
  5. Blastoff Augur

As long as you intend to kill you can dispel all the charms you want. This tool is just trying to scare you.
  6. Xeris Augur

Just get a group of real humans and take the camp from him. I bet a group of 6 real people will be better than him scrambling to 6box
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Better join the bot revolution.

My friend just launched 2 baz bots on selos today, appears to be stupid easy pp per hour automated no need to camp anything. Don't even have to leave a single zone....
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

It's a disgrace what is happening. Nothing is done. No GMs. Nothing.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  9. Alister New Member

If the Dev's are unwilling to do something about this guy I'm not sure I want to continue investing time and money in it. I does not build my confidence in this company at all. I guess Ill have to wait till Pantheon comes out.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  10. Christopher84 Journeyman

Dispelling is one of the more effective tactics you can use to prevent his shenanigans, so obviously he is going to try and get you to stop doing it.
  11. yerm Augur

You think Pantheon is gonna have the money for enforcement when they can't even seem to get the actual game together? Or that farmers or monopolists won't flock there if the game has paying subscribers? Or that medical technology advances enough for any of us to still be alive when this game finishes?
  12. Zansobar Augur

Pantheon is trying to design their game from the ground up to avoid boxing. They are making their classes more active than EQ such that boxing them will be counterproductive and inefficient. This is how most modern games tackle this problem. Everquest would need to have an army of GM's with the ban stick ready, since the game is so inactive in its play style.
  13. Drakkal Elder

Best part is he is also broadcasting key strokes to his other accounts, of which I also sent in evidence....of course, hes still there.

It's pretty common for this guy, after you pester him enough to ask "You need exp?" Then he will invite, of course loot rules are set to him. But all of his key strokes are clearly stated in group chat. He speaks very little English and all you see is "11, 11, 11, 11", which of course sends in the mages.
  14. Lateryn Augur

Hmm WoW, probably one of the more active MMOs with almost zero empty GCDs, every GCD is filled with a button press and yet people are 30-40boxing that game with no problem. You don't realize the capabilities of bot programs or multibox programs. And that's just one off the top of my head. But keep believing in your naivety.
  15. Ceffener Augur

And what benefit does one get from 40 boxing (highest tier raids are 20 man these days, but hey maybe you box 2 raids at once)? You have 0 ability to stop anyone else from doing what they want in the game...because modern game design stopped that.

So if someone wants to go 40 box in their own private instance for all no drop loot while paying Blizzard for those accounts? Why would anyone care?
    Icaen likes this.
  16. NoWay Augur

3 rings in 35 minutes, many ways to kill before he charm's. Think outside of the box.