People who harass boxers are the problem, not the boxers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BornFree, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Jezzie Augur

Typo and too late too late for an edit. Should of read "Daybreak should know by now that boxers (especially 6-12 boxers) and non boxers don't do well together on a server."
    My bad!

I wonder if Daybreak released a non boxer friendly server how many customers would once again abandon all SC purchases for the hope of greener pastures, and how many 6-12 boxers would abandon their boxes to be on the higher population server.
    How long would it take them to figure out how to 6-12 box on a new less boxer friendly server?
  2. Elemenopi Augur

Naaa, its the behavior, along with the lack of community accountability which is irritating. Getting rid of all X because some X behave poorly doesnt follow logic, especially business logic.

The logic doesnt follow that because we can find other things that provide the same / similar blanket protection, therefore all forms of it should be allowed / denied.

That being said, guilds who behave this way have a similar impact on others in the game as boxers who behave this way. Those topics are just as polarized. Their behavior needs to be addressed. Not the fact that they are a guild, but the fact that their behavior violates TC.
    Taladir likes this.
  3. Morningwood New Member

I dont have any problem how other people enjoy the game as long as it doesn’t adversely affect other people. The other day a 12 boxer was wrecking the entire unrest instance for the rest of the groups cause he just couldn’t handle pulling just a single camp, he wanted the whole zone and eff anyone else who might be there. He litterslly made the zone unplayable with every single mob in zone on an agro list.
    Taladir likes this.
  4. Elemenopi Augur

Since some boxers want box-as-you-want (rather than true box) and some folks seem to want a no boxing server, I still feel they should have done one of each. One server with one character per player in game at any given time, and one server where you can play as many characters as you want on however you have it set up.

Any moaning about boxers on the server they are allowed on could then be responded to by iterating that there is a server which does not allow this which may be more enjoyable for them.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Question: How do you 12-boxers handle exp? Do you form a raid? I seem to remember raid xp being pretty bad.
  6. Ilshade Augur

You guys are blaming the wrong people - any server made will have a single necro farming any give camp - you don't need a group to train and steal kills.
  7. Ilshade Augur

at max level no one cares for exp - just the camp and drops
  8. Pharone Elder

I love how the botter made a new forum account just to create a thread about how he was being harassed in game.

If you actually believe what this person said is 100% what happened considering it's coming from someone who is 100% anonymous because he/she made a new forum account to hide behind, then you deserve the crap that you get.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

You still have to get 12 characters to max level.
  10. Blastoff Augur

11. Domniatric Augur

If you are playing 12 characters on twelve separate computers legitimately you are a nerd of epic proportions. I really don't know what to say to this other than it is simply not possible or reasonable. The only legitimate and realistic way anyone can box is with a second computer. Yeah, maybe a third but that is stretching it. If you are boxing more than that you are simply cheating, using third party software, and if you are not then you need to get a life and stop using the power of a small state for you gaming pleasure. End of story.
    Doze and Taladir like this.
  12. Liquidmorphh New Member

Yeah, its really not as hard as you think. You are way too narrow minded about the difficulty of trueboxing. Imagine using a wireless keypad for each of those computers..then take each of those wireless keypads and line them up in front of you like a keyboard. Assign /assist /pet attack macros, /follow macros etc to the keypads and its just pressing the same key next to each other each time.
  13. Blastoff Augur

14. Nuther Augur

This is disgusting. One person playing 12 toons on a game that was designed for 1 person, 1 toon. You are making it so other people cant enjoy the game. Its bad for the health of EQ.
  15. Xeris Augur

I'm not sure why it's so hard to imagine.

1) if you're lvl 50, there is no group content in classic that is challenging. I 3 manned hamlord with SK, cleric, chanter and I only had to cast a heal maybe every 5 minutes. So having a healing in your 12 box army isnt really adding very much complexity.

2) pulling doesnt take much effort. You can have your puller on the main computer/screen and your 10 mages using just numpads... bring a mob to camp with puller, then hit your "1" hotkey on every numpad... /assist main, /pause 2, /pet attack, /pause 2, /cast 1...

Boom within 1 sec, you have 10 mage pets attacking. If you have more than basic motor skills, ANYONE with nominal practice can probably execute this smoothly.

If you're in a camp by yourself and aren't dealing with like 10 mobs, there's absolutely no way you can't easily 12 box something...
  16. Nessirfiti Augur

I don't have any particularly strong feelings on the truth of the OP, but I can confirm that I've gotten hate tells and trains just for running 4 or 5 characters.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Nuttmeg Augur

OP I have 1 question for you. If DBG came out with a no-box server, would you respect that and stay off it? Or would you find some way to circumvent thre rules and play there anyhow?

And no, I don't want to get into any arguments about how feasible the server would be or how hard it would be to police. Simply, if they released a server whose sole purpose and intent was 1 real person to 1 character - no boxing, would you stay off it?
  18. Blastoff Augur

19. Machentoo Augur

Not everyone cheats just because it is easy. Maybe you would.
  20. Blastoff Augur