People who harass boxers are the problem, not the boxers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BornFree, Apr 14, 2019.

1. BornFree New Member

I want to preface this by saying that 99% of the people I run into are nice and courteous. I am respectful to them and general most are respectful to me. However there is a select few people who had made it their goal to non stop harass people like me.

These people are the problem not people like me. I am paying for 12 accounts, they are paying for one. I should not have to deal with harassment by these individuals. I hate to say it but yes I am a more valuable customer than the person who is paying for one character. If I am run off the server, DB loses 12 paying chars. If that that one person gets ticked off and leave they lose one person. I dont want anyway to quit, I am happy playing the game. But these people seem to have some mental issue where they just cant see someone else enjoying the game and so they start the harassment.

GMs need to target and eliminate these players. The server will be more healthy and will have a lot less problems long term.

For people who want to know my setup. I play 4-6 hours a day generally after office hours. I have 12 alienware alpha pcs, I did not buy these for EQ I had them for another project a few years back. I am also running 3 multiple source monitors which allows for 4 separate sources per monitor. If you dont know what those are they allow multiple computers to input and display on a single monitor. Mainly to take up less desk space. I have 2 keyboards and 10 mini keyboards. I run 2 cleric, 2 enc, 8 mage setup. I also have 1 druid to port my guys around.
  2. Kittany Augur

This is unfortunately the case of the pendulum swinging the other way. While I don't condone the actions of the few individuals harassing others who box, you have got to understand that this is a culmination of a good number of years worth reaction against those who abuse boxing.

While I agree that DBG's should spend some time doing more in the policing of the servers, I honestly have no idea what could be done besides we as a community trying to find a compromise.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Funny you should say this after consistently harassing people who box on the forums.
    Volts, Nessirfiti and Elyani like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I have no horse in this battle. Having said that, if 20 people quit over someone with 12 accounts then that is more damaging to DBG bottom line than if that 12 account boxer quit...
    Vinlail and Barton like this.
  5. Jagular Journeyman

Well the only interaction i ever had with people that box 6 or 12 is that i sit in a group at a camp waiting for the named to spawn and we see a box pop into out pick sit for a while , if the named pops the box kills it and take the loot and then picks again and if the named dont pop the box picks again and disapers and then comes back again after he/she has picked through the rest of the picks. We can only hope that the named pops just after the box picks away from our pick to get the drop, so my experience is only bad conserning boxers.

One sollution might be that when we /pick we allways get to the zone in spot, that in itself creates some problems for a newcommer to the group to join at the spot but that is a hassle that can be solved by the group, or have an npc that sells a reversed CoH stone ( ie you pop into a zone and if there is a group there target the group leader and then you port yourself to the leader of the group), need to have a long coldown on an item like this though.

This will not stop boxers but atleast hopefully it will "pickhopping" more of an hassle so they atleast stay in one pick that i can live with:

/Jagular
  6. Kittany Augur

How have I harassed anybody? Unless you consider discussing with varied viewpoints as harassment? Because, that statement truly does hurt as I'd like to consider myself a civil person.
  7. Machentoo Augur

In just about every thread, you suggest that anyone who boxes must be RMTing and is only arguing for boxing in order to protect their income stream. This isn't the case, not even remotely, for most boxers, and it rises to the level of harassment.

Of course you will attack the messenger on this one too and accuse me of being an RMT shrill.
    Volts, Nessirfiti and PaulKing like this.
  8. PaulKing Journeyman

Yeah a lot of people get jealous of the power that comes with boxing. It is kind of fun being able to muscle through camps.
  9. Kittany Augur

I'd say you're projecting way to much into the things I've said in the past. And honestly? If the shoe fits?
    And I think you may need to go back and re-read the things I have said. At no point have I said that *all* boxers participate in RMT. What I have said is RMT usually utilizes boxing as a tool to achieve what it does.

And I'll admit, I have lost some patience with you in the past with what I have said, and perhaps even implied more than I had intended. But I will adhere to my stance that third party RMT in all it's forms has and always will have a negative impact on any game that it infects.

But harassment? Please. If you have a problem with me, you'd be welcome to message me in private and I would be more than willing to help work out our differences.
  10. Nessirfiti Augur

This is at best a cop out, I think the term weasel words works for it, You don't condone the "few" people harassing boxers, but you certainly won't condemn them.

People like you consider anyone who boxes at all to "abuse it" Don't try to lie your way out of it either. Do I need to go back and find the posts where you conflate boxers and botters?

My favorite part is where you blame every boxer for the very few boxers who misbehave, and the even smaller number that actually participate in RMT.
    You might as well be telling us we deserve it for daring to play the game in a way you don't like.
    Oh yes, You've only said Most boxers. Big difference.
  11. trevock Augur

So basically when a 8 mage boxed group comes rolling through a zone killing everything in sight, if we say "hey stop it", then we're harrassing them? LOL.
    Doze and andross77 like this.
  12. Jezzie Augur

Daybreak should know by now that boxers (especially 6-12 boxers) don't do well together on a server. It seems we've come almost full circle on the "truebox" thing and it feels like Ragefire.

Congratulations on finding a way to 12box on a "truebox" server. I'm sure this is how Daybreak intended the concept to work.

There is always frustration over the boxing aspect of the game and that frustration comes from both sides. I know that people will quit because of boxing and it looks like boxers are ready to quit due to the anti boxers. Longevity is not looking good as far as Mangler goes. Somebody should let Paul know to buy all the krono he can so he's not stuck with a bunch of wasted plat on a dead server.

There is always the question of how much of this is just drama v fact. I see OP is a new member with this 1 post to his/her name. That post may be true but then it could just be a troll post too. You never know with so much forum questing going on.

Maybe Daybreak should log into the server and ask their customers? Maybe have people gather in WFP if they're sick of boxing and EFP if they're sick of anti boxing. Then we could get an accurate number of how many disgruntled customers are sick of it while the don't care crowd can carry on playing. I think at the moment Daybreak fall into the don't care crowd.
    andross77, Taladir and Kittany like this.
  13. trevock Augur

If you're going to box, then go take a camp that is empty. Don't run through an entire dungeon claiming everything is yours because you can. That's where people get irritated.
    Doze and Ajjantis like this.
  14. Elemenopi Augur

The "more valuable customer" argument is simply false dichotomy at its finest, as it doesnt take all variables into account, and oversimplifies the position by falsely isolating one person playing one character as their own entity with zero others sharing their opinion on this obviously polarized issue. It also assumes away anything that doesnt support the position while only adding up what does, in completely biased favor of the side the claimant supports. An example where youd be incorrect to insinuate this would be if that "single character" user is a "whale" (big spender in RMT) and buys alot of Krono or spends alot in the store.
    andross77, Taladir and Barton like this.
  15. Elemenopi Augur

More like irritated at the lack of accountability. In a single character per player situation, the idea that groups are sometimes needed and even in situations where they are not, often desired as the META way to earn XP and loot, is negated when someone can just plow the entire zone with multiple groups of their own charters. This creates a situation where the boxer does not need to care what others think as they are no longer able to be held accountable by the player community. It strictly falls into the category of pay-to-win when one player can pay RL money for more subscriptions to remove player community accountability.
    Doze and Taladir like this.
  16. Melkor New Member

Charge more for single box servers, and make it so that no loot drops on grey mobs.

The no lifers, with no personal achievements, are ruining these lands DBG !

I will gladly pay $50 monthly or more if I dont have to deal with the damn no lifers.
  17. Nessirfiti Augur

Amusingly, I'm paying a bit more to play how I want, better make it 60.

But you'll really hate yourself when you're farming for tribute and no loot drops on grey mobs.
    Barton and code-zero like this.
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

Hm, Best get rid of guilds then, I've seen more than a few people in high end guilds who are giant jerks, Don't box but still get groups from their guildies, Seems like they're dodging Community accountability that way.
  19. Melkor New Member

Make it 60$, 100$ if need be, it was an example...

I neither have the time nor desire to deal with man children who thinks its fun to grief others, train them out of camps, or keep locked down 24/7 because its how they stroke their ego.

Make it $150, whatever it takes.

Would it be the end of the world if ONE server did not cater to you ?
  20. Machentoo Augur

Would it be the end of the world if ONE server DID?