Any Live Servers with AoCs?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by TheChosenOne, Apr 11, 2019.

1. TheChosenOne Augur

Hello,

I'm getting a bit burnt out on the TLP front and was giving some serious consideration to joining a Live server and just doing the old expansions/content in order rather than go thru the Selos madness, or the 20 years it would take for Mangler to go thru each expansion

One of the core things for me on a server is that I like to raid casually (used to raid every night like it was a full time job, but got sick of that). Pretty much the only way raiding, especially casually, can be viable in this game is on a server with AoCs

TL;DR Are there any live servers in the game right now that have AoCs?
  2. Buri Augur

Well, lemme put it this way: I've only ever played on Live servers for the last 20 years, never on a TLP... and I had to look it up, to see what AoC was (It's not Age of Conan?). So I'm gonna say probably No
    TheChosenOne and CatsPaws like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why would live need AoC's? Used to in the old days the guilds pretty much talked to each other and took turns on raid targets. Now we solo them.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  4. TheChosenOne Augur

Interesting, so when a new expansion comes out there arent 1 or 2 hardcore guilds that pretty much lock the content down?

That was one of my main concerns with going to a Live server

Are you able to get groups with /LFG on live? Which Live server has the most healthy population?

Also what classes would you recommend for a 2 box and/or 3 box setup to be the most self sufficient? I would like to group with other players, but sometimes i can only log on for an hour or so at a time and need to be able to accomplish something
  5. Fluid Augur

My two favorite characters to run are Druid and Magician. Druid because they get DOTs, snares, buffs, heals, ports. Magicians because if they get twinked a bit have focus items from level ~5 up. Evacuate with the Druid and Call of the Hero for the Magician are really handy too. Pet can tank a lot of content & magician can heal it so you don't have to use Mercenaries if you don't feel like it.

*BUT* other combos work just fine. For instance the Wizard ports are just as good as the Druid and with a Shaman you actually get SoW a level sooner, pet kind of sucks though.

SoW potions are cheap, /claim will eventually get you a mount if you don't have one already. At 51 you start getting innate run speed up so SoW is less important.

Lots of people seem to like the Beastlords lately. Necro's have always been tough, I'd give even money on them vs any other class on soloing tough content. Classic combo would be something like a Cleric and Monk who walk everywhere. I'm trying to say just about anything you do is fine. :)

Something has been going on with the FV server lately, I'm not sure what. Lots of crowds there in PoK. Was just jerking around farming loot and a couple of other players formed an impromptu Raid group of 3 for some older content. People are talking to each other, buffing newbs and generally being decent. You may want to give FV a look.
    TheChosenOne and Rile like this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Essentially all raid content for new expansions in EverQuest has been instanced since 2006.
  7. Joeyrgegjwj New Member

I still am not sure what it means. It sounded like you were going to give it up there for a minute but ya didn't. I Google it, used context clues, etc.. still not sure lol. Probably not Age of Conan or "age of consent".

The C is "content"?
  8. Scorrpio Augur

AoC = Agent of Change = NPC added to some older world zones that basically turns their bosses into instance expeditions with lockouts. I.e. TLPs have an AoC in the Grey to request a raid expedition into Ssraeshza.

And yeah on live pretty much all raid stuff for GoD and further is instanced, you get it by either talking to quest npc or clicking appropriate object.

Old world targets on live do not have AoCs and are often much constested for twink gear/achievements, quest drops etc.

For some worst epic bottlenecks they added heralds. I.e. in Kedge, a herald of Phinigel will spawn the boss on demand, and it will drop only the piece needed for requesting class epic.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  9. Buri Augur

Wow, they got it easy then... I remember camping Phinny for literally months.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They had to put the heralds in on live because we used to be able to get thru doors to get to needed mobs for epics by using illusions but everyone on TLP complained about it on THEIR servers so the dev's changed it to where the illusion trick (after 15 years) was no longer usable so that affected the live servers too. So now all locked doors need a rogue or bard etc
  11. Scorrpio Augur

Heralds got ZIP to do with locked doors. There are no locks to get to Phinny in Kedge or to golems in Fear. The issue is if your epic piece is a rarish drop off a week long spawn, that's just insane. Especially since people will often pop those for achievement flag.

So yeah my mage swam into Phinny room and left a minute later with the piece. Then I spent 4 days camping Undertow....
    Barton likes this.
  12. Fluid Augur

Commiseration to the max. It is hard to believe this was ever acceptable. Just started running a low level character I have on FV through the Magician Epic 0 & it was hard to believe we ever put up with that time sink mentality. It wasn't just that you had to camp pieces, you needed a whole crew that was willing to camp along with you in order to take down the boss. On some bottlenecks like Phinny, he dropped more then just Magician pieces so you had to compete with virtually everyone else on the server.

Just got Undertow on FV this week. Spot was perma camped by a couple of AFK PCs. When I got there, Undertow had swam to the top of the room so nothing was happening. I decided to jump their camp and kill Undertow. I figured whatever scripts they were running AFK would at least start working again if Undertow respawned so I was doing them a favor. :)

I also think the powers that be sometimes hate Magicians, like they inherited them and would eliminate the class if they could. j/k Still trying to make Rogues indispensable in the game though. There is almost no reason to do Magician Epics, the sub quests give you better loot then the turn ins. You can pick up focus items like Shovel of Ponz solo by level 16, the Staffs of Elemental by 50. If you look at http://eqmagicians.com/page/pet-focus the items with the focus completely over lap the Epics rendering them less important or useless. Easier to just power through levels then do your epics.