Denizens of VP and Talnendor 12 man

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by OrchardField, Apr 9, 2019.

1. OrchardField Journeyman

We chugged a faction freeze potion, killed the 1st guy (protector) and didn't see a faction message (if a faction hit is blocked by potion, you get a message.) Does nothing in this quest have faction hits? We need help (2 people boxing a pally, a ranger, 2 wizzies and 5 healer mercs) doesn't get it done (healer mercs don't cast until after we've been 1 rounded.) Friend says he'd help, but doesn't want to ruin his pristine faction there and the potions are no trade. Basicly, is the mission factionless?
  2. Brohg Augur

The funny thing about having pristine faction is that not ruining it means it never does you any good. It's like not wanting to get your dish-brush greasy
  3. Kiras Augur

As best as I can remember, the mission is factionless, don't worry about potions.

The raid, on the other hand, wrecks your faction.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

No faction hits in the 12 man mission.
  5. OrchardField Journeyman

Thnx guys. It was factionless. Got some help getting thru it as well. I'm now the proud owner of a cool familiar (Thnx SR for the help)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Congrats!
    OrchardField likes this.
  7. Frael Elder

I like having good faction everywhere I can, and with regards to VP it was especially helpful for me when doing the partisan quests. I only had a war/rog flagged, it would have been very difficult if I'd been KoS. Eventually, most people will become KoS in VP but it's useful to preserve as long as possible.

Grats on Familiar, OP.
    Thunderkiks likes this.