DBG, if nothing else, fix the ice giant bot team. What are we even paying a sub?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hated One Augur

So for the sake of discussion. What prevents DBG from putting in a toon that buys kronos for pp...to get them off servers? I mean theoretically doesn't that force people who want to get kronos to buy more. If people try to exist on kronos alone, by decreasing their number in game...won't it result in more krono purchases? So why wouldn't they just plop a toon in the bazaar or in EC tunnel and buy em up?
  2. Templeton Augur

Again, no one is saying ban boxers. Boxers are not the problem.

This is a thread about automated BOT armies operating in plain sight for an extended period.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I imagine there are some SEC- or IRS-related red flags that would be thrown up by selling a product and then covertly buying it back from your customers. Meritorious or not, these tend to be the kinds of waters businesses don't dip their toes in on purpose if for no less reason than avoiding the hassle.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Even if there was no concerns. You just lowered the value of PP via inflation by printing more money.

Keep printing money and you’ll see fun things like “WTS GEBS 1 million plat”. Same problems, different currency.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  5. yerm Augur

I hold the cynical position that rmters will rmt regardless, so long as players are there trying to buy. This is why mangler is flooded with these farmers and selo has very few - they are market driven. Likewise cynically I do not believe daybreak currently has the manpower resources to fully deal with it.

So, I would absolutely prefer that daybreak go after the rmt farmers who are doing inconsequential pure plat farming last. I'd like to see efreeti or other unique item camps dealt with first before those just farming giants that are a 100% skippable location.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Templeton Augur

It would take an hour a day, tops, to deal with all of them. No need to ignore one for the other.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Why ignore either? Ban them all
    Templeton likes this.
  8. LittleBrumski Augur

Doesn't WoW do something like this? Let people buy a Krono-like item with in game gold? Or exchange one for gold based on a certain rate?
  9. Beardsy Elder

They need to introduce a platinum subscription model -

Platinum sub: You cannot use krono for this level of sub. $25 a month with a 25% discount on all DB items and a 25% exp bonus across all servers.

Maybe even add in a Diamond sub level that's double everything. $50 a month for 50%DB discount and 50% exp bonus.

Or make Krono no drop and sellable to a single merchant for X amount of plat per server per era(expansion) Having set prices on krono would be amazing.
    Praetorian1 likes this.
  10. Ceffener Augur

Yes/No. You can buy x gold for y price (depending on market), or you can sell x gold for 1 WoW token (Krono). But the sale is still between two players just handled by Blizzard. WoW tokens can only be transferred for gold (not items), so gold is the only currency. EQ created two currencies with how Krono works.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Price of Krono would have to continually go up as Platinum gets dumped into the servers. Price of items go up due to inflation as your can print infinite plat. (Inflation is why a Krono sells for 4 million on FV, and I’ve sold defiant gear prices for over 100k). Nothing really changed.

Cheaters should be banned. But nothing you can do to stop players from dominating markets and controlling items manually. These problems are not unique to TLP, or even EQ.
  12. snailish Augur

Make the items causing the problems in Pre-PoP content no drop.

An afk botter will have a hard time selling loot rights. Loot rights are harder to sell, so some things will no longer be camped like this. Announced loot rights selling means you know the alt they are using to sell, the timing of the next respawn...

Some new things may become the new drama spots. If they are an issue. Make them no drop.

alternatively and/or as well, make some of the problem items drop randomly from other mobs in the zone.

alternatively and/or as well, make some of the problem items a reward from a quest of parallel intended difficulty from that era. Everquest is generally great at deep involved quests and comes up light on the reward. Opportunity...

alternatively and/or as well, make the now nodrop item also drop in a similar level zone from an equal challenge different named NPC.

Example: Lower Guk loots could easily be spread into Sol A, Kedge, permafrost...

Note that this doesn't stop someone (however many accounts they have) getting that drop. It just provides alternative hope, while making a better game imo.
    Faydark likes this.
  13. Volts Elder

GM's don't magically appear out of nowhere! I'd suggest you follow the proper channels. They aren't going to ban anyone over a forum post.
  14. Templeton Augur

I am not asking them to ban anyone over a fourm post.

I am asking them to log into their own damn game, see for themselves the sh!tshow they clearly know about, and take the appropriate action based on their own eyes.
    Ajjantis, Jezzie and Barton like this.
  15. taliefer Augur

i think what the guy is saying, they do that when the /report and other such methods are followed.
    Volts likes this.
  16. Grailer Augur

What appears to be happening is

1. Bots farm item or plat
    2. Buy Kronos from player using item or plat
    3. Sell Kronos on RMT website for less than DBG site.
    4. Buy Kronos from player in game .. repeat 3.

The same Kronos goes around and around making RMT money while DBG is
    Hoping someone will buy Kronos from them for double the price of RMT sites.

Yep DBG are losing money to bots
    yerm likes this.
  17. PaulKing Journeyman

yeah bro thats me, but I dont cheat or bot like you say- im here pressin the keys legit :)
  18. Faydark New Member

I'm genuinely interested to see: could you post a screenshot of your 18 PCs please? I'd like to see how you've arranged them so that you can control them individually. (Given that you had at least 12 characters at the Ice Giants when I was watching, plus another group at Efreeti apparently).

------------------------------------

Separately from that:

Last night was the worst night so far on Mangler, bots were everywhere. Even at pure xp spots (farming tradeskill drops presumably).. Teleporting to mobs, teleporting away, fighting multiple mobs at the same time, but in different places somehow.. it was bizarre. I would have almost thought it was server or internet issues, except that the couple of actual players in the area weren't exhibiting any of these symptoms.
  19. JeffHanson Augur

I have no idea why anyone would play on the cesspool that is a TLP server. We have a lot of trouble with automated bot teams on regular servers, but nothing like this.
  20. Nykara2 Elder

We are totally looking at going back to live. TLPs are insane atm and hey no need for a sub on live for a long while at least either. Gg DGB there loosing subs and in the process probs a couple of krono sales also. No point in paying to play somewhere we cant actually PLAY because of automated bots that were very obviously automated (players dont press the same key a dozen times to turn they turn with a single smooth keypress held down).

So Paul show us your photos of your 18 PC set up and how you actually them all at once to camp so many locations 24/7 at the same time. Also how are you still alive with brain functions on no sleep?

Anyhow Mangler is a joke atm might as well go back to FV at least we can play there and find xp spots etc. With all the threads about bots and nothing being done its pretty clear nothing will be done to improve this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.