Selo Epic Mobs Spawn Rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Narkos, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Narkos New Member

Any chance we could get epic mobs to be tagged as rare, or modified so they are more common? 6-8 hours on an epic mob camp to return nothing seems against the theme of Selo. It makes sense with there is nothing to do in Kunark and they will mean something for a year+.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  2. That One Guy Augur

As much as I agree with you, it seems they specifically wanted to exclude epic mobs from getting the rare bonus. They have commented on the lake rathe mob for cleric eoic and knew it wasn't tagged and told us it was done on purpose because the mob wasnt for anyhing else and the epic part of it wasn't a good enough reason to tag it as rare.

I agree.. very strange.
  3. howtor New Member

You would have hated the old ragefire camp for cleric epic hehe. The wait list to just get to your turn on camp.
  4. Prathun Developer

There is no easy way to make all epic 1.0 content faster / more available.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  5. That One Guy Augur

This a serious question here. Is it a goal of yours to make epics more available on these TLPs? Because if it truly is, I guarantee you that you'd have very skilled and knowledgeable people from this community who would step up and offer help. Most of us know this content so very well. I can only guess that if you were given a list of key changes that would drastically help balance out the bottlenecks of epics, the changes would be much easier to manage.

I know doing the research can take a lot of time and I know the community would love to be involved in making positive changes.
  6. Narkos New Member

12 hours at Targin today with absolutely 0 progress made on my epic just feels bad. Especially when I don't get many chances to put that type of time in.

There are what, 14 classes meaning 14 1.0 epics? The number of mobs that would require a change has to be within a reasonable amount to adjust how they spawn. Even just flagging this mob as an automatic spawn in a dz would fix the issue. Rare drops on random mobs is a little different, but it's a variable of how often it can drop.
  7. Hinastorm86 Augur

Can we not. They give us one thing, and here comes the other requests, just as they feared.

Fast exp is at the core of the server, it needed to be done, im happy they did it.

Imo, them spending time to make 1.0's faster for just selos is not a great use of time. Only a few of them are even relevant, most are just not worth the effort on a luclin launch.

If selo had launched in classic or kunark? Totally. There is better uses of their time.
  8. Tierdal Augur

epics suppose to be a challenge.
  9. Narkos New Member

Some are not relevant to PoP-GoD but all of them are prequests to 1.5. The theme of the server is a fast exploration of the EQ experience. A number of epics require significant bottle necks on elusive npcs.
  10. qweasy Augur

Killing a level 30 mob for 12 hours at level 60 isn't a challenge.
  11. Hinastorm86 Augur

I was aware of this, but honest question, how hard are the 1.5 prequests that you can do instead?
  12. TheChosenOne Augur

When do the 1.5 quests kick in? Can't you skip the epic 1.0 once the 1.5 comes out?

Depending on the class, for Selos is probably better to just wait until 1.5 lol.. like Bards, SKs, Paladins, etc... people who have really tough epics

Im doing druid and beastlord, no idea on the difficulty of their 1.0s but i havent started them yet.. still waiting to hit level 60
  13. Nykara2 Elder

Druid epic final boss is a Basilik wuth a nasty aoe/stun/damage but could be single grouped at about 65
  14. Narkos New Member

I believe the prequests go live with the 1.5 quest.

21 hours actively killing the PH or monitoring for the 72 min repop with no luck. Such a challenge, not just a boring time sink at all.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.