UI Changes every time I log on- super irritating

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sauro, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Sauro New Member

So I bought a laptop to play on and box on. I have no problems with my desktop like this. But on windows 10, I load into game and i have it set for full screen and it loads none full screen for some reason and the chat and stuff is always in the wrong spots and sized wrong and i have to take 15 minutes each login to fix it. I am using sparxx UI but i don't think that should matter. I literally lock every box too. Super irritating and honestly makes me want to be a little cry baby and not play. Any help would be much appreciated. If it matters this is on Mangler.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

2 thoughts.

1st, when you log in, and it's in window, don't touch any window, just go to options and swap to fullscreen. Everything should snap back into place.

2nd, if 1 didn't work, you are most likely /q or /ex to get out of the game. The UI saves at the end of a full /camp. So by not camping, your just erasing all the UI moves you did. Get everything the way you want, then do a full camp out. All the way to desktop, no short cuts. That should fix it.
  3. Sauro New Member

Everytime i do a full camp than hit exit or whatever you can there it just stays on a black screen.
    Option 1 did not help I tried it. Thank you very much your response.
  4. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Alt & Enter will pop the screen to fullscreen
  5. Dahaman Augur

This is the way it use to work. Now, the new windows don't save position and I have to resize every time I have to swap from windows to full screen. Something in their new windows isn't saving properly is my guess.

The only time it swaps back to windowed mode is if the game is killed uncontrolled (crash, etc.) This happens despite being full screen, camped out normal, etc. So, any time it crashes, I have to log back in to windowed EQ, switch to full screen in the options menu, and now have to move and resize the chat windows. It's not 15 minutes for me, thankfully, but it certainly is super-irritating as the OP states.

Also, the game defaults to my characters looking down on log in and a lot of times on zoning. I have to manually force the character back to looking up again. Is there a fix to this?
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Custom UI's blow. period.

I got tired of doing tech support on UI after every patch. So I just go with standard UI set up how I like.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nonsense.

I've been using custom UIs for years, and have NEVER seen this happen. And I do swap between windowed and full screen regularly.

Dythan's advice is correct.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Request denied. You dont mind redownloading after every patch. I don't have time\patience. Almost as bad as putting up with magelo's pokiness.