UI chat window not saving

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Grummy_NB, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Grummy_NB Augur

Since the patch, my UI chat windows no longer stay where I put them. I go to full screen and unlock them, move them, lock them. I can log out and back and they are no longer where I put them.

I have logged out while full screen and under windowed. same problem, not saved.

Also when I go to windowed mode. the windowes are all over the place. so I unlock and move and relock... go back to full screen and they are not where I set them.

It seems like the system doesnt save the Full screen positions and the windowed positions.

All this started after the patch.. what is changed or can I do to get this fixed.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

Windowed layout positions and different full screen resolution positions are separate categories in the UI file. Which explains why stuff moves around after switching.
    Do you do full camp-out? Layouts save to file only in prooer full camp-out.
  3. Buri Augur

try alt-enter
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Are you running EQ as an administrator? Some things may not save properly if you don't (this, as well as advanced loot settings, map changes, etc.).
  5. Grummy_NB Augur

I have done full camp outs and run as admin. All of this was fine until the recent patch so I am wondering what changed so I know what to correct.