Next TLP server setup plz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arkonik, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Arkonik New Member

I like TLP servers but I'd love to see this so I can start over from the beginning and have what I think would be the best TLP.

1)All gear is "no drop" you want you have to be there to get.

2)Classic start but with bst lord class Barbarian an Orge cause only race in classic. If I want I can buy a race change ticket when that exp unlocks.

3)No Krono's allowed.

4)No boxing not even true boxing. Single account only

See a lot of people want a slow progression server where you earn your gear and social is present a place to make friends and play and have fun.

All the TLP servers so far have become krono races and who can get rich fastest by multi boxing.
    True box servers allow people to have a edge. See I'm not poor when pc's became more powerful I just upgraded so I only need 1 machine not 3 4 or 5 so why are we punished for getting rid of all our mess and cleaning up our desk?

In order for me to get that old feel it needs to be 1 pc only per person so when I or anyone go to group we have 6 people in a full group to talk to for social not 1 or 2. To bring back Social you need to stop gear from being traded even on alts no share bank trading only thing that should be tradible in a share bank is well coin.

No more exp bonus or weekends to see who can race to the max lvl so fast it will always be those who have more game time.

Let me tell you a EQ story that is true on a server called Tarew Mar.
    Many many years ago. I spent a year working on a chanter named Chalamor he was a Gifted chanter that liked to grp and make friends one day he came across KC in Kunark while exploring and he ventured in looking to find someone to talk to. While shouting if anyone was home at the lvl of 42 a 48 chanter entered and gave a huge shout out 48 chanter with clarity LFG. Poor Chalamor hung his head down low and said to him self guess I will have to solo no one will want me cause of my lvl.

When out of no where a guy shouted out hay Chalamor come to top floor. Poor Chalamor was surprised and feeled with joy as he invised up and rushed as fast as he could to the top floor and joined this voice and a group of steady killing souls. then 3 of them souls ran down to the entrance of KC and donated some coin from the other chanters clarity buff and came back and we killed and talked all night for hours.

See old Chalamor didn't know these people at all but Chalamor had a name among people he ventured with and his skills as a chanter and was picked not for his lvl but his skill. Yes old Chalamor had a lot of resisted spells from mobs cause he was not really the lvl to be where the grp was and the other guy would have had less resist from the mobs but Chalamor had a name among the lands.

This is EQ for me this is what I have long for and missed since 1999.

What I ask for above would bring that back for me and so many thousands who have played since day 1. Why you think they made project99. I was never alone we all missed something over time and it was stories just like above that touched us in some way.

Over the years I left EQ cause with so many other mmo's out and people leaving you had no choice but to box cause everyone was boxing then merc's came out and people was boxing and mercing so you had to or play alone. I came to TLP to walk away from boxers not to be surrounded by them.
  2. took2summit11 Augur

1) some of the most expensive items are no drop items, this is no barrier at all

2) impossible to code or time-consuming to the point it isn’t worth talking about. It’s not as simple as just clicking a button and suddenly you can have an ogre beastlord in classic. All the items/features/classes are tied to the opening of that expansion based on the way the code was written. Dev’s Have already said before that something like this is a non-starter.

3) eliminating Krono will just increase the use of illegal 3rd party broker sites, RMT will still happen, and it was happening when your chalamor was in KC back in 2000.

4) absolutely never going to happen. Good bye playing at a college. Good bye husband/wife teams (there’s probably a LOT more than you may think there are). Heck good bye parent/children teams (I’ve seen enough to make it worth mentioning).
    Appren, millaa, Nykara2 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Oh for Fs sake. Hasn't this horse had enough already!? It's been beaten, turned into glue, sold to a big box store and used to make a table.
    pendarr, andross77, Appren and 3 others like this.
  4. Blastoff Augur

:rolleyes:/d EnglishLanguage
    This guy is trolling.
  5. Arkonik New Member

If by wanting my eq lands and old time feel back yes I'm a troll like shrek wanting my forest back.

The only trolling in this thread will be people complaining I want a server that don't tailor to there system so they can exploit it like prior TLP servers. Why would anyone complain about a TLP server being made that they wouldn't play on cause they don't like the rule setup other than to be a Troll cause there is no advantage to there game style.

Everyone knows every time a TLP server is open it is the perfect time to race to high lvl in a couple days farm pp to buy up Kronos while there dirt cheap and use them across other servers.
  6. Elyani Augur

1) Not a bad idea. But, people will just sell loot rights. Happens even now with no drop items. In the end, this is silly, it won't "fix" any problems you think is happening. If anything, it will make it even harder to get what you want. Groups of people will just spawn camp items forever and sell the loot rights for plat (and then they'll sell the plat online for real money because you also want Kronos gone....) Lol.

2) Uhm, why? But, whatever.

3) Lol. I think many people would be against this. If the server was "right" for me, I'd gladly accept this idea... but it will never, ever happen. Either way, Kronos makes DBG the middle man with RMT transactions versus websites like RG and PA. Take away Kronos does not remove RMT... it just makes DBG zero money for those trades.

4) LOL. So, in other words, you want a dead server? As someone else pointed out; husband/wife, friends, lan parties, dorms, parent/child, boyfriend/girlfriend. Do you realize how many people play with friends/family members on the same internet connection, whether they box or not? You're asking DBG to exclude a HUGE portion of the population. Good luck with that, buddy.
  7. Arkonik New Member

1)
    1) if passed by all grp members corpse can despawn with loot other wise if you don't unlock it when timer runs out it despawns simple code change in the loot system.

2) Bst is my favorite class that was added thats why a lot of people don't want to wait for a exp to unlock a class. Id even add the bezerker class.

3) Giving the gold seller a pass on the server to make money by selling kronos off site is no different than what they was doing before just harder to catch from lage coin transfers.

4) I never said ban multi accounts from a ip address there are other ways to do this and allow for families etc on ips to connect. This would be more GM handled stuff from reported boxers cause people coming to get away from boxers want waist time reporting boxers when they see it.
  8. Elyani Augur

This works on P99 for one reason and one reason only, they have dedicated GMs and volunteers willing to spend the time to handle this. DBG does NOT have the resources to do this. It takes a week to get a ticket answered. You rarely see a GM in game. It would be hard to get this done in a timely an effective way... plus it'd be easy to abuse. And when people abused the system, it would take endless amounts of time to figure it out and handle it. Sorry to tell you, this will just never, ever happen. We're more likely to get a non-true box server than a 1 account per IP server. And at this rate, we'll probably never get a non-true box server.
  9. Ceffener Augur

I have leveled to 50 on Mangler without grouping with a single person boxing. Or interacting with Krono at all.

So could you, if you wanted.

If Mangler is only about “Krono racing, multiboxing”, then it’s because YOU make it only about that. There are 100’s of other people enjoying the game without either of those things.
    Meridian, Appren and Elyani like this.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Only 1 account per country can play on the server at any given time
    andross77, millaa, Elyani and 2 others like this.
  11. JBizzle Journeyman

No means NO!
  12. Moege Augur

This necro pet again, as Im bored ...

Bit weird that an eq dev would campaign on the forums (as you say its easy you have to know the code changes needed)

Probably possible choose another name than TLP then.

And your solution for cutting in DB on rmt sales is ? ...

And you implement this how ?

Awaiting your answers.
  13. Tymeless Augur

Leveled all the way to 50 with real people and very little boxing encountered. You want to avoid boxers join a dang guild.
  14. ShivanAngel Augur

They cant even police the rules they have now with their skeletal GM staff, you now want them to have an additional workload of sifting through "petitions of potential boxers".

Oh yah, you want this increased workload WHILE having the server be no krono, which is where they make a lot of their money for the GM's they do have?

I could MAYBE see this happening as an ultra premium server that cost like 40-50 a month in subs to make up for lost revenue through increased gm presence and no krono. Oh yah, and from no boxers adding subs. Oh yah and the skeletal population that would actually play on it.

Better make it 50-100$ sub
    Dythan likes this.
  15. Arkonik New Member

Honestly I would pay 50.00 US dollars a month as a sub for this server. I'm not joking around! I can assure you I'm not the only one out there that would. Not every server needs to be tailored to the lead my hand give me everything on a silver platter. I like thousands upon thousands of others made EQ what it still is today we supported it all them years so why should't us old timers not get rewarded with a special restart server?

If they make this server set up and make sure I get my email on it I'll be first in line to pay my 50 dollar sub a month.
  16. Arkonik New Member

LOL all guilds have boxers in them even raid guilds so please join a guild lol.
  17. Ceffener Augur

When you can fill out 3 raids with 72 people boxes are being left behind....
    Tymeless likes this.
  18. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

19. Tymeless Augur

We fill one raid without boxes no problem most of our boxers haven't even started leveling their boxes because the desire to keep up with everyone meant being in more efficient groups with real people and now we are worried about farming gear for ourselves that we haven't even started working on our boxes for the most part. There are a couple exceptions to the rules but they don't get brought to the raid either. It's almost like Arkonik just fails at socializing and getting in a position where people want to group with him that they find their boxes more efficient than having him in the group.
  20. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Honestly the only reason I ever boxed in the first place was a lack of available grouping at lower levels, but also I've only ever played the game for fun and never was interested in farming things to sell to other people. I'm only not 2-boxing on Mangler right now because it would be a slight pain to set up but enough of one that I haven't bothered... but I don't think it's actually benefiting the server for people like me to not be able to 2-box easily. 2- and 3-boxing actually allowed me more ability to put groups together back when I did. Truebox is really only preventing me from spinning up my second and third accounts as easily as I otherwise would.

I assume this is an extremely tired argument at this point, and I'm not really interested in having it. I'm sure people like me have already made their voices heard about this, and I'm honestly not really all that interested in fighting Truebox. If I get to the point I feel like boxing will be worth it to keep me playing, I'll probably set up my laptop or something to make it work. More likely if I'm at that point again I'll just stop playing instead because it's just enough of an annoyance to box with physical separate boxes that I won't be bothered to do it.

I'm not going to wail and gnash teeth about it if it comes to that point. I'll probably just stop playing again instead. Maybe I'll check out a server without Truebox first and see how it feels but I dunno. Depends on how it feels trying to jump into a Live server being 10 years behind the curve, I suppose. The appeal of the TLP server is I can play on the same level as anyone else there.