Disable Origin on Mangler..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by itsalmosttime, Apr 3, 2019.

1. itsalmosttime Lorekeeper

If you are going to disable focus effects on mangler for no reason then disable origin.

Makes absolutely no sense to have focus effects disabled when there are 1000 other things that are out of era on mangler.

But at least this one thing will bring balance.

I say this as a monk main.......

The focus effects move on mangler was completely idiotic.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  2. taliefer Augur

cause origin does the same thing as focus effects, for sure
  3. itsalmosttime Lorekeeper

You are missing the point.

They want to take out focus effects to give a "classic feel".

So then remove origin to make it fair for the melee.

And yes having a melee that can have a free gate when they aren't supposed to be able to is broken.
  4. TheChosenOne Augur

If only it was a true gate... most races have terrible Origin locations.. its a mild convenience for melee classes
    snailish likes this.
  5. fireworks Journeyman

Focus effects grossly imbalanced class powers. Origin does not.
  6. Zansobar Augur

I think they will eventually get around to removing Origin on TLPs until a later expansion. They have been adjusting over the years when they launch a new TLP, this time they got around to focus effects. They adjusted pets in a previous one, and I would hope soon they will adjust charm and monk damage.
  7. Protagonist Tank

Why does this matter so hard to you?

Not internet snark, genuine question. I have no clue why anyone would care this much about an insignificant change to fairly trivial gameplay.
    raylone and snailish like this.
  8. Koniku Elder

Disable worn haste, it is a focus effect.
  9. TheChosenOne Augur

Why so much raging man? calm down, its just a vidya game
  10. Middi New Member

As a main Monk on Mangler, I give this thread a big HERP DERP
    Craized likes this.
  11. Protagonist Tank

You doing okay, man? You never really answered before, and now you're trying to pick fights over internet elves by following me around after I asked how you were doing the first time.

It's okay to ask for help when things get too bad.
  12. Nessirfiti Augur

I think they should remove autoattack and spell casting until a later expansion. Ruins the classic alpha feel of the game.

Okay, that was maybe too snarky.
  13. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

I'm all for casters looking at this 98% of the time...make sure you have the "original" feel you are hurting so bad for Origin
    [IMG]
  14. Ajjantis Elder

I feel really sorry for the devs.

You have people on one side, complaining about important and broken stuff in the game. And on the other side, yo got crap posts like these, which are a real waste of precious dev time.

No wonder they dont take us serious anymore.
  15. Hinastorm86 Augur

I'm pretty sure they removed focus effects to taper down player power a bit, not to make things more classic. They've been making things steadily less classic for years, that wouldn't make much sense, and no one wanted it.

Unless you've seen a dev post on the matter that I missed.
    snailish likes this.
  16. snailish Augur

We are playing EQ progression... a "smoothed and improved nostalgia drenched tour through a clunky old beloved game".

You want the true sadism of a classic EQ, they recognize P99.

Origin is a quality of life thing the original dev team missed. It's not near as good as later games that have movable origin points (i.e., WoW's hearthstone). The original vision of caster vs. melee binding restrictions is kind of terrible. Origin very slightly mitigates that timewaste biased design.

If you were doing EQ fresh... player characters can bind here or not, soulbinders in the key network of gate points, origin is a movable thing to any city/village you have the faction to earn this right.

That keeps the core gameplay of current EQ but would give gate casters a slight edge but not a huge one, keep gate items interesting and make origin suit a person's playstyle.

Remove origin is not needed. I can't even see a real advantage in doing it for classic to Velious --where most archaic rollbacks do make some sense.
  17. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

yeah because it really makes a difference I think I used it once since the server has been up and that was to go buy Weapon augs opps I shouldn't have said that now u going to go flip crazy on the augs
  18. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

oh the memories, thanks for this screen shot luv luv
  19. Runes1 New Member

I find it rather hilarious that you make this suggestion about Origin being non era and totally ignore to post the part where your Monk hand to hand dps on Mangler is so broken and not classic, since you are a main monk.

Nice deflect tho
    ** Dragonslayer ** likes this.
  20. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

just a bored dude making a post really and hoping people bite