Epic 1.0 - start bugged?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Isell, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Isell New Member

I am a 50 shaman on Mangler. I have decided to start my epic for something to do and to get a start on it. I have killed Captain Surestout and Pegleg both repeatedly but the lesser spirit that is suppose to spawn from their deaths is not popping on their deaths.

I know they fixed the faction cheese recently, but we still need that mob to spawn to start the quest. Anyone else having this issue?

Warmaiden of Mangler
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Epics are Kunark-era quests. Wait a while.
  3. Isell New Member

I was able to get over half my Druids 1.0 done in classic on Cornaiv. Same should be able to be done with Shaman progression. The trigger mob is not spawning. I am choosing to start it because i want to, its a choice.
  4. Brohg Augur

you are choosing to play on a server where the quest is not available. it's a choice.
    Mehdisin Mahn likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

6. Isell New Member

The start should be available. Period. Yes its a choce. like you being an obnoxious troll is a choice
  7. Brohg Augur

"Period." isn't a cogent argument
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's all he's got ;)
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

while you're at it, choose to start the 1.5 pre-quest. Or the 2.0 why don't ya. oo or better yet, choose to play the server the way it was intended and WAIT UNTIL ITS IN ERA!
  10. OldRodKS Elder

If the mob you need to spawn didn't get added to the game until Kunark, then he won't be available until Kunark unlocks. It's not being withheld from you, it's just not available yet. People can't kill Trakanon yet either...
  11. Isell New Member

yes, it is. Because I choose to do a quest that IS in era as you can start it and complete half of it while in content. Just as you choose to troll others to make yourself sound like a know it all troll. I asked a civil question and all i got from the "community" is flak, not assistance on the question posted.

As for the time lapse. I have a real job and a real life. I dont live in my mamas basement like some of yawl who have nothing better to do in life than ridicule others.
  12. Isell New Member

IT IS IN ERA. Damn read the quest. The trigger mobs are all there. You can complete half of it prior to kunark. And yes, its possible. I did half the druid epic on Cornaiv WELL BEFORE kunark.

And yes, in the last 16 years i have completed the shaman, druid, chanter, paladin, and cleric epics. Its not flippin rocket science.
  13. Isell New Member

The mobs are in classic. Kunark is not needed to start the quest.
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

get this through your head... epic... quests... are... kunark… era.... idgaf if the mob is there or not, the quest isn't in era until kunark. spouting that you were able to do the druid epic early doesn't mean you should be able to.

lets try it a different way... peg leg and surestout may have been mobs in classic EQ, but the lesser spirit was NOT. the lesser spirit won't spawn until kunark era because the quest that put it in game wasn't present until kunark era.....
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

additionally, truespirit faction wasn't present until kunark era. 90% of the shaman epic 1.0 is building your true spirit faction.... and the overwhelming majority of the quest can be skipped by just repeating the first step over and over until your truespirit faction is at ally. starting it before the faction is introduced is a waste of time.
  16. Brohg Augur

TLPs got that nerfed, Med. Can't repeat steps any more, shm epic leapt off the bottom of the epic difficulty list.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

booo. now i'm sad. doesn't negate the fact that trying to do the epic before truespirit faction is in the game is a waste of time.
    Brohg likes this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Then start it already.

If you can't? Then I guess Kunark is required. Duh.
    Ulain likes this.
  19. Annastasya Augur

i did it a few years back on my Shaman. Just went through all the steps and did not try to farm faction. It may not be the easiest anymore, but its probably still near the bottom.