Mangler XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silias McKendrick, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Trevalon Augur

I agree that with the 50% bonus EXP feels just about perfect to me. Hour a level or so till 45+ then it slows down a bit, but its still reasonable.

Without the 50% bonus its still decent, but will definitely got form 50ish hours to 50 to 75ish :(
    Faydark likes this.
  2. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

I c
    I concur. Perfect with bonus and should keep it
  3. Maxe Augur

I like the current exp bonus rate too. I have little time to play due to a new family member, so not having to spend as much time grinding to get to the fun stuff is nice. I'm still using exp potions and stuff, so that's not effected.
  4. Christopher84 Journeyman

Long term, the current exp rate would be too fast IMO. Playing roughly 4 hours a day since the server launched and I'm almost 50, but my gear is terrible because i'm never in 1 place long enough to win any loot if it even drops at all.Thankfully since my main is a necro that's not a huge issue and I'll slowly start picking up loam/fear armour but I wouldn't want to go through the other expansions like this, especially not as a melee or even worse a tank.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You made level 50 in 4 hours a day x 12 days for a grand total of 48 hours not being in the 1st groups to take advantage of free and open leveling?

I'd love to know what awesome spots you are leveling at.
    Faydark likes this.
  6. Karanthal Augur

Current xp rate is too slow for me even with the bonus. I'm currently level 20 with about 20hrs played in 2 weeks. Honestly I don't really even want to level yet again, just want a 50 char to attend raids and have some fun killing stuff in era.

Once the xp bonus goes I'll take even longer to catch up to high play time players and get up to raid level. Half the guild will have got bored and quit by then.

Ideal TLP for me: chars auto level to max for expac so everyone can do the fun part of the game without the grind. I have a life away from EQ but would still like to raid a couple of nights a week. No faction grinding time sinks either. Group flagging missions are fine, they are generally quite good fun if you don't get left behind still leveling when most people have moved on to flagging missions.
  7. Maxe Augur

No more ground spawn based key missions unless you want to replace every ground spawn with a stable container and item you may loot bound to the character and lore. Then it becomes less of an issue of who can be the biggest jerk about keying and more about who can muster the force faster for the racers. It also opens up more content to people who would normally not bother because they can't camp something for 6 to 36 hours. If it's going to be casual like this, maybe triple exp slow opening everything is lore and no drop from boss mobs until it becomes out of era, and then it becomes tradeable.
  8. Arclyte Augur

LOL are you serious?
  9. Sturn Augur

Leveling is the fun part of the game as far as I'm concerned. Raids always seemed like the part that was a job. Never understood why people liked to raid other than to get the loot. I get to max level here so fast that there's no point for me. Hour per level is just crazy. Feel like a lot of people here act very selfish talking about time constraints and families as if that wasn't a concern for some of us in the past. Now that I have the free time to dive into a game like this, all the people that had an advantage over me 15 years ago now want to remove the advantage because they have other obligations. Sounds like a cop out to me.
    Ishbu likes this.
  10. Trevalon Augur

We are very glad you have the time to jump into a game like EQ and spend hours and hours every day leveling your character. May I point you to P99 - it would probably be more to your liking and leave us "Selfish" people to our modern EQ.
  11. Zansobar Augur

Not sure if you're serious either but why are you playing an MMO if you only want to play 10 hours a week? It will take you at worst 80 hours to get to level 50 (and that is way longer than it should) which you will easily make in the next 3 months (unless you want to only play a handful of hours per week).
  12. EnchFWO Augur

XP rate w/ bonus (and for the most part pots) was ridiculously good. I made 50 in 8 days from launch and that was even mostly being out of commission 2 days due to being sick. None of them were all nighter 12+ hour XP binges either. And on top of that I did not play with friends and was not guilded for any of it.

Even on a more relaxed schedule anyone playing and actually trying to level could probably be (or pretty close) 50 by the end of the XP bonus.

XPing is trivial, boring, and serves very little purpose to actually experiencing the game. Since hitting 50 I've had more fun than that entire time working on quests, tradeskills, camps, etc. and other things that would not be possible without the levels.

TL;DR: Mangler XP is great. It will still be great after the Anniv. bonus. Stop complaining if you're complaining. Opportunities at Lv 50 are more fun than getting there so who cares if leveling up is trivial.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Interesting bosses and mechanics that require you to work together with others to overcome challenges.

Or

Sitting in Guk for 5 weeks straight mindlessly killing the same frogs.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

Fixed. Let's not act like early TLP raiding is any more different than sitting in a camp in Guk.
    Ishbu likes this.
  15. Sturn Augur

I never just sat in Guk. And when you had to do corpse runs, there were challenges as a group to overcome in order to do some of the content. In fact, in my opinion there were challenges in group content long after all the secrets for every raid strat were posted because there were so many underutilized places in Norrath for groups.
  16. Sturn Augur

Why must I go to an unofficial server now to get the real EQ experience? I've never played P99 and I don't plan to now. I just felt like maybe it was my time to be able to start off on a fresh server and have the advantage of idle time that I didn't have in the past. Instead, those that had that advantage in the past now want the advantage removed because it is "unfair" to them and their busy schedules. I don't remember making the same complaints when I was only getting three hours of sleep before work in 2003.
    Ishbu likes this.
  17. Ceffener Augur

True, but he’s debating group game vs raiding in era.
  18. Ishbu Augur

Hes not debating that, just said it felt more like a job than fun for himself.

What he has been saying is that people on these forums constantly champion for making the game easier under the guise of QoL improvements with the rationale that they are adults now and werent 20 years ok. The poster happened to be an adult 20 years ago so none of these easy changes to speed things up make sense because people such as himself figured out how to deal with it 2 freaking decades ago
  19. Ceffener Augur

Take a current TLP, lower the XP rate by 500% and tell me what makes that hard.

Time consuming, not hard.
  20. Ishbu Augur

I think we all acknowledge that this game is not hard at all thanks to all the QoL changes and known game info.

The game during classic was always about the journey. Even these boards fill with people who whine about 12 weeks because being 50 is boring