Firiona Vie trading rules for Mangler or .

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clyve, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Ceffener Augur

When MMO’s from actual studios with money get canceled left and right, there’s not a lot of reason to trust one from Kickstarter. They don’t have the backing to earn trust without proof (even then, Project Titan).
  2. Quill Augur

Pretty much at this point, agree. Pantheon is way too much of a black hole of money atm to really determine if its ever going to be released. What we do know is they have very little of the overall game done(or we'd be seeing other areas), and what they show streamers to beat the drum for more money, rests on very few areas of the game world.

They certainly talk a good game, but that only goes so far. 5+ years is a long time for a game to be in development, even in this day and age.. and realistically they have at least 1-2 more to go to get to a point they can even get close to even considering an actual release date.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

When Daybreak was developing Planetside 2, they showed nothing but Amp Station zurvan all the way up to release.

Anyway, if we give up and/or dismiss Pantheon then there's nothing else in development that even comes close to being a true EQ successor. And Daybreak isn't much of hope given they cancelled EQN and have nothing announced since.
  4. snailish Augur

tradeable loot in the pre Luclin game has a lot of negative impact (drama camps, inflated economy, etc.). Devs moved away from that design ages ago for good reasons.

However... making more stuff no drop in those eras while also offering a free trade server makes perfect sense to me. Widen that divide and choose where you like to play.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

I believe it was the limited contested content was what caused the negative impacts. TLP solves that AoCs and load balancing. And for those that speak in favor of limited content that results in content blocking, I mean, TLPs have long long since adopted the philosophy that limited content is not what the players are looking for; that battle was already won.

And early EQ content wasn't limited completely by intent either...partly it was because EQ was groundbreaking and they didn't know how people would play, and partly because it would have taken a lot more development time than they could spare if they wanted to release with more content. that's why the release of kunark relieves so much pressure.
  6. DeseanJackson Augur

Some truth to that I suppose, but that doesn’t address the larger issue that they have taken in $$ from individuals and have delivered little to nothing in 5years. Maybe it will come out some day, I have doubts.
  7. taliefer Augur

Pantheonlol
  8. Koshk Augur

^ It's done. Whether everyone is satisfied or not, DBG will not implement additional changes. There's insufficient time remaining before the launch.

You're welcome to continue spamming the forums, asking them to change things. But I think it's an exercise in futility, folks.
  9. snailish Augur

^I think I can agree or at least see your points in all of the above.

We still have drama camps on the Phinny and later servers though. The complaints get put forward differently though because some people want to be able to farm the drops for themselves to sell --so it gets mixed up in anti-boxer rants, anti RMT rants and so on.

I'll go extreme to illustrate: make all NPC looted gear in classic to Velious nodrop. Doing so would remove contested/drama/farming of all but the loot rights of the most lucractive things. Loot rights are harder to sell (have to get people to the loot). If they took such an extreme design approach some (maybe many) would be happy but... it also dramatically (in my view) increases the appeal of a free trade server.
  10. PwnQuest Augur

This is a good point. The analogy I like to make, FV ruleset is like eating ice cream. You don't want to eat ice cream all the time every meal, as then it's not as enjoyable, but it's nice to try it once in a while.
  11. Quill Augur

Like it matters if it were on just one server out of what.. 9 TLP's now? If you don't like it, you wouldn't exactly be forced to play it.

But there are others like Trevalon that start acting like he just won World War 2 singlehandedly because the devs decided that people should not be given the option of playing it.

You know what also has a lot of negative impact? People not playing.
  12. snailish Augur

I agree with Quill's point that 1 progression server with free trade loot wouldn't be a problem because if one doesn't like it one does not play there.

Not quite how Quill said it, but I think that's the spirit of it.
  13. Panikker Elder

I agree ...make a server having non drop items on classic eras (Velious and down) or make it class lootable meaning if you aint a certain class you cant grab it; and It would solve lots of conflicts.
  14. JBizzle Journeyman

I vote AGAINST FV loot rules

.....Thank you, next!
  15. Protagonist Tank

Keep the necromancy in game.