Gnome Heritage Crate - Innovative Heli-Lamp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eanelder, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Eanelder Augur

Anyone else noticing that the Innovative Heli-Lamp, a placeable port item from Gnome Heritage Crate, is pretty much impossible to use once placed?

I'm not sure if its because it has an animation or the fact this its not "properly" centered (cant even see in the preview window without scrolling), but I am not having any luck right clicking on it. As a result I cant use it.

1st world problem I know, but it is a market place item, would be nice if it was actually effective.
  2. ch0rny Elder

What does it actually DO? I just got one on Mangler, but it’s not claimable until PoP. If it’s just for housing, wasn’t there no housing in PoP yet?
  3. Eanelder Augur

"Art" items in heritage crates have all been clicky port items. They can be clicked by the owner from inventory OR they can be placed in housing and interacted with by anyone visiting the property to activate the same clicky port.

In the case of the Innovative Heli-Lamp, its a port to Plane of Innovation zone in (not sure if its on the PoI or PoT side, as I never clicked from inventory and I cant click it once placed.)

I don't believe housing came out until well after PoP, I believe House of Thule expansion.
    ch0rny likes this.
  4. Nniki Augur

Most likely uses Teleport: Innovation Exterior, which should put you at loc 565, 216, -42 inside at the zone in.
  5. Prathun Developer

It looks like the targeting area for the Innovative Heli-Lamp is above it. If you click above the item, you should get the interaction list. We'll look into a way to address this so that the clickable area better matches the position of the item. Thanks!
    Eanelder and Yinla like this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

try clicking the blades that's where i have the best luck :)
  7. Eanelder Augur

I have been able to click the blade area on a friends plot where there were very few items. The problem is I've placed the lamp in my hall that is "heavily" decorated. So when I do right click, i get the items in the background.

[IMG]

Glad to hear devs will look into it, much appreciated!

one additional point ... clicking "above" it is subjective when you can flip, turn, rotate etc :p.hopefully that will be remembered when/if the click box is updated, For example I placed the lamp horizontally like its a mechanical eye watching you, judging you, a burning gaze deep into your soul.
    Prathun likes this.