Truebox vs No-Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Parva, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Parva Lorekeeper

Whats the difference you say?

Truebox seems to only have the boxers who consistently capitalize on the economy and dont really care about playing the game for the nostalgia, more than they care about the money they are making period. Several boxers on Selos and Mangler are still using 3rd party programs to run all thier toons on one computer, but yet DBG does nothing about it. 24 man boxes should never exist on a truebox ever.
    It is this distastefulness that ruins the boxing community for people who want to be able to play a 6 man group from one computer that most dont try and ruin the game for others.

No-Truebox servers which are all live servers and Ragefire/Lockjaw have some of the nicest people I have ever played and the commumity is so non toxic. People box and still play together and help people out in the game that are returning without saying it is going to cost u a buttload of krono if you want my help. I am just saying kronos will never go away but the Truebox code only allows for toxic people to capitalize on the uninformed which those who have been cheated will eventually leave the game and never return from the sour taste in their mouth that was given to them from these horrible Truebox Cheating Krono farmers.

@Devs please just make a server where people can box 6 from 1 computer no more so they dont have to spend $100 towards krono farmers to get items that they cant get on their own. Because they either one dont have the time to spend hours looking for a group or 2 all their game time is invested in trying to make platinum to get those shiny itens which really drive people to play fantasy games.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Your personal experience is pretty compelling. Never seen such amazing hard evidence before. I'm sold.

Clearly you don't remember Ragefire when it launched. The "bad" boxers that you are referring to go where they can make the most krono. Once Ragefire was no longer that server they left, so the people who kept playing on Ragefire were there to genuinely play the game on that server, resulting in the experience you had.

A new server without truebox would certainly be nice, but it won't be all butterflies & rainbows like you seem to be suggesting. But I would also like the next TLP to not be true-box, so I can appreciate the goal of your post.
  3. Parva Lorekeeper

I agree it would be somewhat toxic in the beginning. But it is overdo for a TLP starting in classic for the good boxing community.
  4. Ghostdog New Member

I don't like any boxing groups. They seem to be needed to play ie raid these days , to some extent.
    I think they need to be limited to 2 accts per person .
    This prevents greed on any one server and promotes grouping and shareing .
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Truebox does have cheaters on it, no doubt people always try to abuse any system, hopefully DBG is attempting some type of remedies.

Anyone who uses Ragefire/Lockjaw as an shiny example of how awesome no-truebox was on a TLP simply never played on that server from the start. :rolleyes:
  6. Parva Lorekeeper

I never played there from the start but I believe you that it was toxic with the krono capitalists. I am just saying DBG should stop implementing thd truebox code, because the scum are the scum and it ruins the game for boxers who just like playing the game. Atleast create a non truebox server from classic again do some of us can experience it. The Krono capatilists rely heavily on single players rhat dont box to make money.
  7. Callan New Member

Same complaints rinse & repeat every time a new TLP opens, ever since the Krono was added EQ died & Kronoquest began. These mage box armies are the same people that travel to every new TLP to take advantage of any new or returning noob players in order to farm krono off them. Its a win/win for DBG cause these new or noob players are forced to buy krono in exchange for these mage perma camped items thats why nothing is done to them no matter what evidence you have.
    Xanumbik and Taladir like this.
  8. Goozmania New Member

The answer for a balanced and communal TLP is no-box, not all-box. Boxing + Krono = Kronoquest. Remove one of those 2 things, and a lot of problems are resolved.
  9. Machentoo Augur

And how do you propose to remove boxing?
  10. Captain Video Augur

Boxing is in the process of being replaced by MMA (Multi-toons in Memory Architecture).
  11. Gremin Augur

You can remove boxing when you find enough reliable folks to be at raids. You can remove krono when EQ shuts down for good, otherwise you are killing their golden goose.
  12. jordune Augur

funny part is that as a boxer im accused of so many things thats not true, but its like talking to a wall.
    the trueboxers are ranting about some as*hats using some 3rd part programs to train raids and etc on selos and mangler..
    those programs are not eqmule approved nor lav**oft approved. both of those companys work WITH dbg to ensure stuff like that dosent happen on other servers. these guys work with dbg to make sure You can enjoy your time in eq. ... but u kick them in the teeth

so lets Look at things for a min. and You try to figure it out.

lets say u make a server that has
    no krono
    everything is no drop
    platinum is nodrop as well.
    1 ip truebox

u will STILL have rmt people selling gear to players for RL $$
    why ?? is it the rmt guys ? no its You the player whos willing to cut a corner and BUY stuff from the rmt
    people for RL $

the RMT issue is not Just a eq issue. it exist on Every MMO that has players willing to spend rl$ for items or spend RL $ for gold or plats.
    hell i remember reading something a few years ago about Chinese inmates were forced to farm plats so they could eat. they would turn over all there days earnings to the wardens who would sell plats to ... you!
    hell its on mobile games as well. ( want to lvl up ? give us 5$ and ding and heres your new sword )

the folks who box keep saying somethings and you all keep refusing to listen or even think on it.
    make a server.. boxable
    free trade
    low threshold picks ( 12 toons to spawn a pick )
    aoc
    and things like gebs on eboots or etc will ROT because theres so many of them to be had.
    hell make a krono free server as well.. we really DONT care.