Complete EQ Noob on Mangler - Question and Thoughts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sauro, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Sauro New Member

First and foremost let me say that I was an EQoA:F (for PS2 - BRING IT BACK!) but I never played eq. I recently been watching twitch and heard about these servers so figured I'd try it out and see what I thought. Well after playing since launch night as a mage I've hit level 26. And I like the game enough I cancelled my FFXIV sub and even though I bought the new expansion for it already I will probably just be on EQ. I'm really having a lot of fun!

Question
    Where is a good place to farm solo? I play at work some and can't group because I get customers but would like to farm plat and level at the same time, currently I'm doing it on Gargoyle/Skeleton island for the garg eyes but the xp is almost non-existant. Is there a better place with a little better xp that I can solo and afk safely when I get a customer? What about at level 30, 35?
  2. took2summit11 Augur

Said it in another post, but give the dwarfs at the dock in the huts that are level 35 in butcher block a chance. They can drop FS weps and there’s a merchant 50 feet away that’s on different faction. You can also try specters in either OOT or ferrott their scythes sell well, but those are usually heavily contested.
  3. Sauro New Member

I'm out on the specter island doing gargoyles now. Thanks for your response though I appreviate it. What are FS weaps?
  4. Dahaman Augur

Lavastorm Mountains - basilisks in the north - the basilisk eggs typically sell fairly well to other players. The elementals are candy to your summoned direct damage spells.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Fine steel. They sell for 4pp or so.
  6. Sauro New Member

Thank you both your response. :) Best route to get to LSM from fay where HE's start?
  7. Machentoo Augur

Run across to butcherblock, translocators to freeport, west to commondlands, then north through nektulos forest. Watch out for the DE guards in Nek.
  8. Sauro New Member

So LSM is located in the Nektulos forest or another zone from it? Thanks again!
  9. Machentoo Augur

It is the zone north of Nektulos forest.