Is Selos mostly hardcore players?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dundada3100, Mar 19, 2019.

1. dundada3100 Elder

Initially I was really torn between the two servers. However one month unlocks seemed too fast so I ended up going to Mangler. Made it to level 36 but having second doubts. I really dont want to do Planes for 3 months followed by 3 months of VP and Trak. However I dont want to go to Selos if the only two guilds are Faceless and Amtrak. Im a nurse and I usually work four 12 shifts in a week. I can easily set my schedule to accommodate one or possibly two raid nights a week. Also are the people here mostly hardcore racers trying to hit 60 asap. Seems like every streamer is 50+ on Selos while people steaming Mangler are 30s or lower. Just dont wanna reroll if theres not going to be anyone to group with because everyone is 50+.
  2. Machentoo Augur

If you have made it to 36 already on Mangler, you are probably a hardcore player. Solve your dilemna by playing both servers.
  3. dundada3100 Elder

not really that hard to do. this just happened to by my weekend off and I also had Monday off. I got lucky the first night and didnt have much difficulty logging in so I managed to get to 18 before going to sleep. Made it to 28 grinding all day Sunday in a very good group with 2 enchanters. Made it to 34 on Monday and 36 tonight after I got home from work. i dont have anywhere near the time to play on 2 servers, let alone raid on both. my question was is Selos mostly hardcore people who gonna have to raid whenever something is up.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Dunno. Even in the most hard core guilds, you don't have to raid whenever something is up. But, you do if you are online. Have no idea yet what the pop is in those guilds vs overall on selos. I'm in one of them.
  5. Ajjantis Elder

You know you can play on any server at YOUR pace? Im on selos, and yet im not gonna be hardcore playing. There are always people at all level ranges. You worry way too much. Just play the game.
    Thalliius likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've got Beast and Shammy to level 16 there are still a lot of players at that level and lower. :)
  7. Protagonist Tank

You can do that for free on the Live servers.
  8. Ajjantis Elder

Yeah i could, if i wanted:
    - a screwed up economy
    - a dead low level game
    - to not experience the game during classic again
    - to never be part of the dark elf mask gang (not actually true since my chars have it, ive been playing since 99).

So the server selos is PERFECT for me. Im not gonna rush it, several other people are not gonna rush it. I let the hardcore people do their thing and i play the game at my pace.

Win win situation.
    Thalliius and Yinla like this.
  9. tzeriel Lorekeeper

They created Delos to try and keep the racers off mangler
  10. Ajjantis Elder

What do you want to race on mangler? You're spending months in classic, months in kunark and months in velious.
  11. code-zero Augur

Mangler was originally intended to be for the hardcore and the "racers" and from what I've seen that's what Mangler has. So DBG failed if that was the intent
  12. Fiyero Augur

Since they first announced the servers, everyone knew Selo would be the hardcore server, not Mangler. 1 month unlocks are inherently hardcore.