Never played EQ! Is it still time to start on a prog server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by arathaII, Mar 16, 2019.

1. arathaII New Member

Hi All,

Always been curious what EQ is about. I tried normal (free) server but there is literally nobody in the starting areas. If i start on Selo, (Or Mangler?) is it possible to get groups to play with regularly? (I live in SEA) Or it's mostly solo people going high speed everywhere and who do not want to be bothered by a beginner?

Thanks by advance for your advices!
  2. Nykara2 Elder

Start on progression server is probs the way to go
    arathaII and Yinla like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

I'd go Selo if I were you, Mangler seems to be having a lot of issues
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lots of people on Selo asking for people to join groups, I'd expect that for the forseeable. :)

Good luck and enjoy. :)
  5. code-zero Augur

I think the issues on Mangler stem from the number of characters trying to enter a limited number of zones and picks. Selo having two more starting cities with more newbie areas and fast exp letting people spread out faster is a great help
  6. Nykara2 Elder

Mangler is going fine now. Been playing on there today for hrs

Its also a nice slow progression server for a new player. Doubt a new person could really keep up with the unlock speed of Selos.
    arathaII likes this.
  7. arathaII New Member

Thanks for all your replies! I've started a Character on Mangler. Aratha - Wizard. Looking forward to meet many ! I'm in South East Asia so sleepless people for most of you :D
    Nykara2 and Sethiroth like this.
  8. Sethiroth Augur

Very very bad advice. If you play on selos as a new player, you’ll just end up alone and confused. Mangler is a much better choice for a brand new player. It will give you the chance to learn the game and whatever class you play at a much easier pace and with a lot more chance of grouping.
    arathaII likes this.
  9. code-zero Augur

More like he'll get bored and disillusioned with the slow progress of his character and the long lockouts with all the server drama that the long lockouts bring
  10. arathaII New Member

Great advice thanks. My Wizard is already Lv 17, i'm finding groups super quickly every time, and met already lots of peeps. Having a blast so far! And will discover all expansions in order. If new players read this - i encourage to join us on Mangler!
    Owl56 and Xander Cat like this.
  11. Quigly Journeyman

If you start on Mangler let me know. Our guild is extremely new player friendly and have willing members to help out even if you dont join us. We are still small but love new blood and like sharing our knowledge and experience