Box to convernt any weapon into an ornament

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Would be nice if they sold a box in the Daybreak Store that would convert any weapon into a weapon ornament. That way if you have a favorite weapon whose look you love you could change it into an ornament.

Probably impossible due to technical reasons or too resource intensive but it is nice to dream.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This has been requested several dozen times over the last 10 years.

It's been shot down or ignored every time. I want this as well. I would be even happier if we had another tab on inventory screen called 'Appearance' like EQ2 has. This allows you to equip ANY item for appearance but ignore its stats.
  3. Bobokin Augur

I have asked for this for weapons and armor, and so far it has not received a reply.

There is an item, the Ornament Mutation Tool, that converts type 4 augs into type 21 augs, so it could be done.
  4. Dewey Augur

Is there a tracker for this?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I seem to recall there being a responce for similar requests, that there would need to be an item created for each and every ornament this would work with, along with a recipe to convert the weapon to an ornament in what ever box they created.

I'd hate to think how many weapons there are in game, but if they did it for weapons, you can bet your bottom dollar someone is going to want the same done for shields.LOL. We are never content.

That is an aweful lot of work.
  6. kyong Augur

If they also kept the proc on the ornamentation (longing to use my Vander's bane again) I'd pay a ton of $.
  7. treehugger Journeyman

I would pay for that for weapon or old gear. I very much like Wow's transmog system and while I understand that is a lot to implement I would pay for a box to take what I like and make it into an aug
  8. Skalde Elder

Give the people what they really want..... Playermade Convorteum raid wep ornamentations! :p
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That is what I figured... but it was a nice dream.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I really think the Appearance Inventory Tab (A la EQ2) is the best compromise. No additional items are needed for this I wouldn't think. Completely guessing here, but the logic is straightforward. The question is whether the game engine freaks out when adding a layer of checks above the Inventory tab.

If SlotCheck.AppearanceTab.Primary = TRUE
    [Draw.AppearanceTab.Primary | NoDraw.InventoryTab.Primary | Ignore.AppearanceTab.Primary.Stats]
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I just realized the problem with this. It would put Daybreak out of the Ornament business. Maybe the slots could be added for a hefty fee? Not sure it would make business sense for them.
  12. Scorrpio Augur

Would defunitely be cool to have cosmetic outfits layer a la Lord of the Rings Online. Make this layer cost same as original HF purchase. Can even sell extra slots for people who like to juggle outfits. Yeah in that game, you can pop any item you can equip into a cosmetic layer. My lvl 120 Warden uses a sword look from some lvl 95 Helms Deep content. And 'ornament business' goes quite goid as you can get a lot of cosmetics in store which are not available (or extremely hard to get) in regular game.