Point of Queue if we get kicked for Time Our error?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Magoo New Member

Can't get in Quickly if after you hit PLAY it immediately goes to not responding...
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Closing the application entirely then is best when this happens.
  3. Tendrils Journeyman

You never get in and then when you finally press ok and click play again, it just keeps showing the time out error.
  4. Trizek Augur

They're saying you do this AFTER you close the client and re-launch it. Once you get the Time Out error you're basically wanting to close the EQ client ASAP and re-launch it to get your position back.
  5. Gremin Augur

Unless I am misreading I am not talking about that. When you first click play everquest to Mangler I am getting a dialogue box that reads the following:

"The world server is currently at maximum capacity. You are still in the login queue for this server and will automatically login when there is availability. Average wait time:"

So if I keep that box up I dont get timed out, and have gone straight from that dialogue box to character select on its own. If I hit okay on that box, then I get the timeout messages. So to avoid the timeouts I leave previously mentioned dialogue box up!
  6. Trevalon Augur

This isnt true. Even if you leave the box up you get "Timed out" in the background. This is what happened to my box PC that I just left up. My Main PC that I spammed Ok then Play Everquest! Got in but the one I just left didnt, so I clicked "ok" and it had timed out in the background.

Timeouts seem to happen every 10 mins on the dot as me and all my friends would get a time out at the exact same time. So every 5-10 mins you HAVE to click ok, time out, then close EQ and relaunch it to get back in the Queue.

If your character got in from the box just sitting up it was because you had not timed out yet.
  7. Gremin Augur

May not be true to you but it has happened to me.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You are only preventing the timeout message pop-up from appearing. You can't prevent the entire logging server from crashing (which is what is happening when the timeout errors occur) by just avoiding seeing a message box.
  9. Trevalon Augur

As my edit said, it will log you in just sitting but only if you havent been timed out in the background. if you timed out in the background and you never hit "ok" you would never know you timed out at some point.
    Gremin likes this.
  10. Brandysnap New Member

This whole new server launch is a cluster****. One would think after 20 years on EQ and EQ2 I would expect this...yet I'm still frustrated and disappointed each time.
  11. uk6999 Augur

I wish I had more hands, so I could give this launch four thumbs down!
  12. Gremin Augur

I sat there with that dialogue box up for over an hour than it logged me in by itself. Maybe I was lucky. Either way, hope everyone gets in soon. Tired of this.
  13. EnchFWO Augur

Get past Login server. Check.
    Get Q'd on server select. Check.
    Retry above server login 10 times. Check.
    Server actually loads to char select and attempt to login. Check.
    You have been disconnected. Check.
    Repeat above except now: You currently have a player logged into the world. Check.
    Waste time waiting for your character to be booted. Check.

Repeat above x infinity.
    Trevalon likes this.
  14. Maxe Augur

It said my character needed to be logged out about 5 attempts ago, every time I try the thing freezes and I have to restart the pc because a buggy version of the launchpad causes me to be unable to reach the servers.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Free Dark Elf masks for everyone struggling the past 6ish hours, sound good? 8)
  16. Gremin Augur

Just happened again. Had dialogue box up, logged me into the character select, I hit enter world and sat there for 5 mins before disconnected due to server not responding. What is the point of logging in finally to be disconnected with server not responding.
  17. Maxe Augur

and now it just tells me I timed out, and the game freezes with no controls available permanently. April fools isn't for two weeks Mepps :p . I've never had this happen before. Did you guys accidentally revert to a buggy launchpad build when you were adding the designs for the 20th celebration and the new server art for the progression server ads?
  18. a_librarian Augur

Yeah I just got to the character select screen for the first time in a while from quickly hitting OK to the timeout box then the Play button on the server select. After the first timeout they were happening in like 60 second intervals, I eventually just hit OK/Play then quickly closed the client and reloaded. Hitting Play then gave me an unknown error, but the next one hung for several minutes followed by a timeout. I just kept doing OK/Play and relaunch after that and got to the char select screen after about 3 rounds of that, with lots and lots of multi minute screen hangs.

I expect I'll get booted after character creation but at least I got this far, the trick seemed to be to respond to the timeout windows immediately with OK/Play and several quick relaunches in my case
  19. Brandysnap New Member

Exactly my experience so far. DB carried on at least one SOE tradition...never fails to disappoint.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. Dagenfehl Journeyman

That's a straight up lie. The queue does not work. I queued my laptop behind my desktop and my friend who is playing right next to me, and both our desktops got in while the laptop was still in the queue.

Queue doesn't work. How about you guys tell us what is REALLY happening. Roughly 700 players trying to get on, times 14.99 a month - $11,992 this month in revenue alone for these servers (not including bag purchases, ornamentations, etc) and you're telling me you can't spend the last six hours recoding/reprogramming the login servers to handle traffic in a more efficient manner? My private-funded ambulance company treats us better than this.