So where are these mythical 20th Anniv 40-slot Bags?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quill, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Quill Augur

I'm told they were supposed to have come online at 3am.

I've read on the main page they are already supposed to be online and in the store for purchase.

All I see are 4 new anniversary 'packs', none of which have a bag in them.

Bug or feature?
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

12 PM PT
  3. Quill Augur

Nice website redesign... looks like they're available from there at the time being, but what are the mechanics if you buy? Is it a one-time /claim like Brokers? You don't have to buy one for every character you want to use it on do you? Cause that's less a 20th commemorative bag than it would be a 20th commemorative cash cow.

And heck… given the more expensive one is also the same price as the base cost of the expansion, can't you just throw that in too? So you get all expansions + bag with one 20th anniv buy? Obviously only available until anniv goes away.
  4. Kywen Augur

Also, since the Lifetime Memberships are no longer available, can't you also include that? So we get Expansions, Bags, and Lifetime with a 20th Anniversary Buy? Why???
  5. Osco Journeyman

Should be all expansions, all 20th anniv bags, lifetime membership, a t-shirt and admission to FanFaire.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Quill Augur

The trolls are out in force, eh.

Nothing I asked for is in any way unreasonable. If you sell a bag for the same price as your expansion, why not bundle it? The bag itself cost very little money to make, and absolutely nothing to churn out. You're basically stealth selling an expansion simply with an extra 40-slotter that only gets sold during the 20th. And the more people with a current expansion that they paid for, the more people that are likely to play it.

And its the 20th commemorative bag, sold just once during the 20th and unlike the Broker's Backpack it should be expected that you get to use it on any character. As such, it should be like the Dreamweave Satchel and be claimable 999 times. There should be absolutely zero expectation that someone buys that thing more than one time per account, or only gets to use it on one server per account.

What if you're on Selo and decide the game is worth playing and move to Live? Poof. You can no longer use the backpack you paid $34.99. This is expected on a TLP with a BB. It should no way be expected with a bag meant to commemorate the entire game and its 20 year run.
  7. Cailen Augur

Umm I bought the 40 slot bag. Not in my claim window...…. Not in my inv #wtf
  8. Herf Augur

Maybe you have to refresh your claim window? Keep us posted please.
    Whulfgar likes this.