Paladin's - how good tanks are they in progression?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Derpinator, Mar 12, 2019.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

I've played a paladin on Agnarr from classic to the end of it, I'd probably still go in group with a paladin if they knew how to play one effectively. Not only stuns, but the strongest root in the game, group heals, quick heals, Slay Undead (which is highly situational), Rezzes, clerical buffs if you don't have one in group, and other stuff I'm probably forgetting because it's 3:30 and I'm writing this bored at work.

It's 50/50 to me, depending on what group composition you have. Also, I've never had issue holding aggro on multiple targets as a paladin.

SKs might hold aggro better and can solo better, but it really depends on what your group is lacking whether or not the utilities of an SK are useful.
  2. Nuther Augur

All the damage is white so please explain how they do so much.
  3. Xanathol Augur

Stun locking is still a thing in classic through at least PoP, right? Knew a few Pallies back in the day that would group together and stun lock mobs for zero risk xp. Took a while to kill, but worked. Just an alternative way to play the game.
  4. Shakara Augur

Large races also have the racial ability to slam. Slam scales off your bash skill if you can learn bash. Slam can be used even if you are using a 2H weapon meaning large races that can bash can bash with 2H weps. Now in Luclin this is kind of a moot point for Knights since they receive an AA to 2H bash and the Paladin epic also allows 2H bash.
  5. ajschliewe Elder

Beyond PoP as well. a pally stun locking is great when you don't have a slower.
  6. TimeBreak Elder

Pallies get a AA instant cast Stun same time SK's get the Terror line.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Each server will have 100's if not 1000's of SK's on the first week. Paladins will be far, far less common. So you can either be one of a zillion SK's or one of a few Paladins.

Also those SK's will all be stacked 30 deep trying to get each epic drop. So there is that to consider too.
  8. pimenttoncheese Elder

I scrolled through this for a bit, paladins and sks are the best raid tanks in classic, head and shoulders above warriors for every raidfight that matters. Only starts to change in kunark with warriors get defensive, paladin will still be the best tank for Venril Sathir at least!
  9. Gromden New Member

Erudite Paladin's are the best.