XP clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cukko, Mar 11, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Perhaps post your /played on mangler when you hit 50 and 60

If you are in static group, burning experience pots I'll guess the times in advance.

1 - 50 (60 - 70 hours)
    51 - 60 (35 - 45 hours)

I'm sure I'll be in the ballpark pretty spot on.

Of course a casual player will be slower, they have to account for travel time to groups, looking for groups and just messing around time when not grinding exp.

All those times decrease in value as gear and the ability to PL or outside group help.
  2. yerm Augur

Why are you predicting mangler? This thread was about selo. Mangler is the same leveling path as always, so if its 2x the xp it will be close to 50% of the time, but slightly more due to travel etc not being halved. Nothing mysterious about the third iteration of the same tlp model.
  3. HappyPanda Augur

I was also under the impression Selo was being discussed.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Re-read #17 the quoted post I replied to.

Perhaps you missed that part.
  5. Ilshade Augur

From what I experienced on Agnarr - it was 12 hours to lvl 25 (no pots) - then usually 1 lvl per hour if you got a good group and camp - add pots. The group exp bonus is the real bonus here, not the pots but they sure do help. This would be the closest est. for Mangler - for Selo i would say 40% faster roughly.
  6. yerm Augur

They predicted that 1-60 would be the same as 1-50 on agnarr. The obvious conclusion would be they meant 1-60 on selo. What AM I missing here?
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Question to anyone ... What server TODAY do you think is = to what Selos will start at? So a person can go on it for a few days before launch to see if they like the exp rate. Which one is the one to try?
  8. Gana Augur

I would guess closer to Live. There are several posts here about xp rates. But it seems to me from tests that I ran on Trakanon (I think should be Live xp) that xp is capped on a per mob basis (though, FV and Test seem to not have that cap) at 7.5% at level 1 (whites and yellows)...which is less than 2x RF/LJ (which were 5% or possibly 5.333%). Level 2 brought blues to 2%. I think whites were 5%. *shrug* Any server at Live xp is what I think.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I won't bother trying to dig up the quote from DBG but it's been posted many times. "Nearly twice as fast as Ragefire/Lockjaw, not quite as fast as Live." So probably Live would be closest.
  10. Hinastorm Elder

I planned on doing a full dry run for my box crew on a live server to test it out.
    While im no professional boxer, it was taking quite a bit longer than I thought it would, and I ended up scrapping the dry run.
    I predict people being surprised at how long its going to take to hit 60 on selo. We're gonna have a TON of people quit or switch over to mangler at week 3-4 when they realize they won't have any time to get much done.

The hardcores will be fine, of course. This is all expected. Personally, I dont consider myself hardcore, and im a bit worried about keeping up on selos, especially 70+. I just love the luclin start so much im willing to give it a go though.
  11. Munchies New Member

Ok, I'm confused to hell and back. I have never played on any TLP server. In fact, the last time I played was waaaaay back in the original EQ from 1999-2001... or something like that. I think the lvl cap was 50?
    So the only ex rate reference I have to go by is during that time. So what would be Mangler's xp rate be compared to that time frame?

I'm looking to get back into the game but I don't want to hit max level in 3 days (exaggerated I know). What's the fun in that? Blowing by everything to get to the end and barely seeing what you passed. Just make a server that starts you at lvl 110 and maxed out AA with best gear lol.

Sorry if I sound like a . I just don't have the game experience of the recent TLP servers everyone is talking about.
  12. Gana Augur

Compared to Original xp, it will be much faster. But it will not be fast (14 mobs to get to level 2, roughly), but it will take some time playing casually to get to 50. Hardcore levelers will be max level by the end of the weekend or Monday. As for what is the fun in that, it depends on the person.
  13. Hinastorm Elder

Nah, you are right, their system for describing exp rates is broken at this point, we've discussed it here on these forums before.

Comparing it to back in the day is tough, I don't think I could give a solid number. "Much much faster" is accurate though.

For example, on the last server coirnav, I calculated it would take about 200 hours to hit 60, this was during velious, when peoples alts leveling up were decently geared.

Taking that as a baseline, I would predict Selos to take somewhere between 60-80 hours to hit 60, then of course selo will have AA's right away to do also. Mangler will take longer, but only has up to 50.

So its definitely not the 3 day leveling experience you fear, its still a grind. Just much much less then back in the day. TLPs are much more about gear/raiding/krono gathering than they are about exp grinding forever.
  14. a_librarian Augur

Once the hardcore players have the resources to run AE groups in seb, velks or the deep they are going to level obscenely fast. Would expect them to lock down those locations and powerlevel their entire guilds
  15. Hinastorm Elder

That would normally annoy me, but it is what it is. At least we have 3 expansions of leveling locations to go too. I love non classic starts so much.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Ragefire/Lockjaw are probably pretty close. They have the GoD boost now so they are significantly faster than they were at launch, but not quite yet live levels. My guess is it's probably going to be slightly above the current RF/LJ rate.
  17. Munchies New Member

Thanks for the info Gana and Hinastorm! That's what I was looking for.
    I didn't like the forever grind from the classic EQ days, just didn't want to blow through the levels and miss everything neither :p

I guess I will give it a try and see.
  18. sumnayin2 Augur

Good, i'm glad to see a server where people won't be maxed out 25% into an expansion every expansion...let the 30+ nerds ignore real life because they think they have to max out before the next expansion.
  19. LittleBrumski Augur

With Selo's boosted starting XP they clearly intend for it to be the "fast" progression, both expansion and playerwise. It doesn't make sense to cap off the XP at 'normal-live' rates, or it's not fast XP anymore. Keep in mind that with the reduced lockouts, many players may end up raiding more and having less time to grind.

It's not an issue of 'capping out' after 1 week. After TSS when there are hundreds/thousands of AA in an expansion, only the hardcore that AOE all the time will be able to keep up at 'live XP' rates. The less hardcore won't even come close to capping out unless they decide to offer inflated XP pots in the store (wouldn't surprise me).
  20. That0neguy Augur

we're less then 4 days in and plenty of people are 60. I am sure I will have max AA's by next Monday. Tell me again how people won't be max'd out 25% into every expansion?