XP clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cukko, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Cukko New Member

A bit of confusion on my part, in the FAQ for the upcoming Selo's sever it says

"Earning experience on the Selo server will be noticeably faster than the rate of other progression servers, but not quite as fast as a normal server."

I thought the rate for the progressions was faster than normal or am I seeing things that are not there?
  2. snailish Augur

Live server has always been best.

Some live servers (FV and Zek) have had (or still have --I am not up to date on that) a special higher XP rate. Test server is really high rate, but it is test server.

Progression servers have ranged from okay to terrible as far as starting XP rate goes.

Personally, I would offer a progression server with higher than test XP off the hop.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Frankly the best I've come across is veterans who say "we don't know exactly how fast the exp will be, but it will be fast"

So, it will be baseline fast, but (please confirm) we can expect Anniversary exp bonus weekend, which just blows away what you will see.

Get your freebie 25% pot (or better) from the monthly sale/claim and you're looking at about as good as it gets.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

What part of the quoted sentence do you not understand? It is pretty clear.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many seconds will it take to ding 60?
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Likely 0. It will be Ragefire all over again.
  7. Gana Augur

It was stated in another statement that it would be roughly double that of Ragefire when it launched, which was the highest xp rate for any server at launch other than FV/Test. Live is currently between where Selos *will* be and FV/Test.

As for how long it will take to get to 60, I estimated 8 hours in another thread. Someone else (with numbers from previous servers) estimated 40 hours. So, expect it to be 30,000 or more if you are starting from scratch.
    yerm likes this.
  8. Hinastorm Elder

Got a link to that thread? 8 hours, how in the hell. Not sure if serious.

40 hours sounds much closer to reality, as my own calculations put 1-60 on coirnav (during velious) at around 200 hours. Of course alot of things can effect your overall level speed at coirnavs rate (twinks, how fast you get groups, etc).
  9. Gana Augur

10. Ceffener Augur

No TLP has ever been faster than live.

Live meaning lives XP rate now, not what it was in era.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

12. LittleBrumski Augur

It will start off faster than any TLP so far, but the problem is that by TSS it is expected to cap off at "live" experience even though the last dozen expansions will be flying out one every month.

I really hope DBG makes it go to double live XP. Any people that make it to TSS will definitely burn out if there is no chance of keeping up. I think this would even burn out the hardcores.
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

You will have a lot of fun grinding 2500 AAs every month!
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

What did it take Agnarr to reach level 50?

I'd probably ballpark it will take just about that to reach 60 given the extra levels but faster exp. Perhaps the level paths will be superior too. I'm not sure, but a min-max level racer would know.
  15. Rajaah Elder

Just over 50 hours.
  16. yerm Augur

The reason there is no clear estimate is because the fastest players do not measure the race in hours. I estimate it will take about 9 redlines to reach level 60. I will stock a 12 pack just to be safe.
    Tymeless likes this.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This was Agnaar exp rate

The best groups clocked in 45 - 50 at 60 - 75 hours /played
    Running static teams, non-stop pots, very little competition at camps.

Sure there was some outliers a littler quicker.

Your average casual player will clock in somewhere near the 120 - 150 hours /played
  18. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

jesus christ!
  19. HappyPanda Augur

Nearly 5 hours a day for a full month just to get to 60? That seems highly unlikely.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

When you put it like that we really sound like losers.

Please refrain in the future.
    andross77 likes this.