Best Class for ADHD

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by bravoquest42, Mar 10, 2019.

1. bravoquest42 New Member

So I hate sitting around in groups and just being passive, what would be the best class for someone who wants to always have something to be doing?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Shaman or bard
  3. andross77 Elder

I would say bard followed by chanter. Chanter never gets a break because they should always be charming and that pet can break at any second. Bard has a lot of different melody tricks to use especially while pulling and you can be switching weapons and instruments using the bandolier to maximize your effectiveness.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Thewiz Augur

If you can 6 box A SK, Shaman, Bard, Chanter, Cleric and ranger. That will keep you busy.
  5. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Monks are great, get to pull non-stop!
    getlostgreg likes this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

Ench are busy, but it's very dull and repetitive busy-ness.

Play a pulling class. Bard, SK, or Monk.
  7. Azmaril Journeyman

Any class with spells means medding, and that means sitting around.

Busiest class for me is Rogue.

In groups you're always tring to get round the back of mobs and youhave the best invis in game so you can get where you want to.
  8. Jontrann Augur

like others have said, enchanter or a pulling class like brd or mnk.
  9. Bonified Lorekeeper

enchanters are a pulling class, dont let anyone tell you differently
    Montag and sumnayin2 like this.
  10. sumnayin2 Augur

Can't you not sing anything if you are mezzing?
  11. Zipe The Healer

Enchanter needs totally full attention! Just because being AFK on the wrong moment means a wipe.
    What I did in PoP so I could afk and take a break during my endless hours of farm in PoWater was make a /melody 1 on the bard, whereas 1 is single mezz, targeting the charmed pet, so I could afk and don't worry about charm breaks.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Playing a shaman to about 60 I never sat unless afk.

Shaman bard and enc I've found are super busy but a pulling bard easily tops the others. But sometimes it is nice to just sit in camp and give your hands a rest.

I think that's why a lot of mages get made.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

You work in songs unless you're mezzing 3 mobs but that's not often. In pow you get mana click guitar which replaces the need to sing that in groups.

I would advise a melody for locking down 1 mob and 2 mobs.

Like 1 4 5 6 and 1 4 1 5 where mezz is 1 and then you prioritize what buffs are needed when in camp. Then before you leave you always hit mana song as you leave camp.
  14. ShivanAngel Augur

Shaman, playing then to their full potential requires canno dancing, slowing, doting etc...

You should almost never have a time where you cant be doing something
  15. Azmaril Journeyman

I'm disappointed in those saying Enchanter to an adhd person requesting non-stop actions.

Here's what a chanter will do...

1) Buff melee with Haste
    2) Buff caster with breeze/clarity line

Then sit and med.

You should use slow spells on the opposition. Mez a few adds and slow them too.

Then sit and med.

You need to keep mana up for emergencies.

Yes, you can charm, but you have to speed up melee and casters, keep enemies slowed and reduce the actions of adds.

You are going to have to med.

If you go melee, and have a healer, then you can keep hitting things non-stop.

A tank is less pro-active in terms than a rogue as once a tank has the target they just stand there, only being highly active when there are more than is an add or more and they try to get them off the casters.

Not sure if a bard and song-twisting is a good choice for those with ADHD, but it might be.

As I said above, the most non-stop character for me is rogue, and my mains in the past have been chanter and wizard, and they sit around a heck of a lot.

I shall be playing Rogue and Chanter on Mangler.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

If your group is pulling to a consistent spot (very common), then a rogue can literally be played using 1 finger.

Just no way. I feel for you because some people on this forum are about to report you for trolling.
  17. modsiw Augur

^^^
  18. Tachyon Augur

A good warrior is pretty busy as well.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definition of "busywork" in a group.
  20. modsiw Augur

There are two ways to look at this:
    What is a class that is busy enough to hold attention?
    What is a class that will be ok when attention is lost?

An enchanter is busy, but a loss of attention can wipe.
    An EQ/AM3 ranger can be played with zero actions-per-minute if you have a programmable keyboard to spam /assist main, /pause 5, /autofire on, thus a loss of attention doesn't mean anything.

If you're concerned about being distracted, I'd go with a DPS class as you're unlikely to cause problems by being inattentive.
    Azmaril likes this.
  21. Azmaril Journeyman

This is the top answer, and reinforces why I've been saying Rogue and a DPS without spells to avoid medding which could bore someone with ADHD.