2 players 10 accounts on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyla, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Hateseeker Augur

People don't have to circumvent rules to play on 5 PCs. The rules on the false-sense-of-security Truebox servers specifically permit playing on multiple PCs; it's why they call it Truebox instead of "no boxing" servers. I'm sure there are people who do circumvent truebox and play on the same PC (or use key broadcast software to control accounts at other PCs without actually switching between them), but the way you wrote it, you're talking about something that's specifically allowed.

Truebox was never a fair solution, it only harms the innocuous 2 and 3 boxers, while the megaboxers will do what it takes even if they have to set up 24 PCs and a complex mechanical keyboard pressing setup.
    Appren and Pirlo like this.
  2. Thulack New Member

You are correct. I guess Daybreak will just have to live without me subscribing to them again. Unlike others i realize my 1 sub means nothing though when they get 5+ from single people.
    Lagerale, Ginix and Machentoo like this.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just enjoy the game and perhaps the next round of TLP they will do something about a minimum box / non-true box server.
  4. Valanie Lorekeeper

Bard was playing resists and atk, and we ate it. Shaman and clerics kept us up.
  5. Ceffener Augur

I disagree about the whole rule following part because playing on 5 machines is not against the rules. But it will hardly be “all people playing 5 machines”. The guild I’m in currently has about 150 mains with 25 boxes signed up. There is going to be a lot of grouping going on. Just because there are some people that want to play solo, doesn’t mean it’s the majority of players.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

People playing on 5 PC's is not circumventing the rules. Those are the people actually obeying the rules.
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Maligannt Journeyman

I'd say any of the below is challenging with less than a well balanced full group of non-box players. If 2 players boxing - this could be in your reach depending on your group composition and they are available via AOC's.

Classic: Phinny, Slizik the Mighty/Master Yael, PoSky 1st island, PoHate minis, PoFear Golem that doesnt DT, PoHate minis(research which ones)

Kunark: Chardok Nobles, Howling Stones - Drusella, Various spawned Epic fights,
  8. Jontrann Augur

No way in hell your doing nobles in kunark with only 10.
  9. br3333nt Journeyman

Joking I hope...
  10. Yarteb Elder

I was in 6 man groups (6 players) killing the Chardok nobles on both Agnarr and Coirnav. Toons need to be 60ish and know what they are doing. Makeup was: War, cleric, bard, chanter, monk, necro each time I think.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Was it? Or was it to prolong raid target encounters for guilds of 50+ so that they last more than 15 seconds?
    Appren likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Nice try, troll.
  13. Ilshade Augur

Get off your high horse - there is no rule breaking here cause there is no rule against playing multi characters as long as you are playing them - i did it in 1999 with 3 and still do it now with 6.

Most of the people who play p99 servers have a misconception of how the game was, there version p99 of the game is not even close to how it was back then so let's talk fact when its actually facts.
  14. Kittany Augur

One of the reasons the non boxers are upset over the circumventing of the TrueBox code to well.. box, is because its boxing on a technicality.

The wording implies that DBG's wanted to disallow boxing, but still wanted to allow multiple PC connections from the same location (Like a family playing EQ together).

The fact that the TrueBox boxers are using multiple PC's to box is an unintentional consequence of how it was implemented.
    Lagerale likes this.
  15. BarknBite New Member

Point out one spot where DBG ever said they wanted to disallow boxing. They even showed us how to do it within the rules in the announcement for Phinny here: https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015

Look at the picture there. Using multiple computers is not against the rules in any way. They even showed us how to box on Truebox servers in the announcement.

Your OPINION is not fact. The announcement shows that Truebox was designed about boxing with multiple computers being allowed.
    Praetorian1 and Pirlo like this.
  16. The Hated One Augur

Geesh listen to all these anti boxers going off on you. Just because people want to box and hit raid targets on their own does not mean they are antisocial. I socialized ton while I boxed. I talked to my friends, other players and the guild members I had.

It's fun to kill mobs on your own. It's non-stressful to look at the loot drops and go...ok lets put the cleric item on the cleric, the warrior item on the warrior and the caster stuff on the casters. Instead of having the PUG group or guild full of loot wh8re's begging for the 41% hast belt that adds 2 Int to there mage or the plate legs that the warrior needs going to the cleric when they have 0 wis on them....because he rolled a 979/1000 over your warrior. Or the whole loot is loot and i could sell that item and buy what i need arguments.

I know we have beaten the dead horse on all these topics but here is a guy asking a question and you bash him down for wanting to have fun...playing the game HE IS PAYING FOR AND PLAYING IT HOW HE CHOSES!!!. Geesh!!!
  17. guest101 New Member

Truebox , makes sence of this for me . why does it matter if i load 5 toons on 1 PC VS 5 toons on 5 seperate PC's ??? boxing is boxing ? whats the difference . ofcourse there are ways around it but....
    and when are you guys gonna do away with the Fippy server that was a FLOP or why not just reset it ?
    i remember on opening day of other servers , what a cluster FU*(^ and at the end of the day you had 1-2 guilds that horded everything and that's what is left of the population , due to perma camping . so if you guys are making servers in that fashion be prepared to make lots more and just do away with your live servers . there will be lots of boxers so just add the same code you have on live servers for the EOK and up zones while doing quests . 6 in a group well that item should only drop 6 times PERIOD and then made NO DROP , that will stop your perma camps and others on the server can have a slice of pie that inst being perma camped and held in a monopoly .
  18. Machentoo Augur

Lol @ calling Fippy a flop. It had a solid, healthy population for many years. Let's see if any of these new servers make it as far in progression as Fippy did.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

I didn't get that from the announcement. /shrug
    Pirlo likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

It's not the boxing, per se. On Ragefire and Lockjaw the mage armies were running amok. Two basic programs allowed you to A) box dozens on one PC effectively, and B) script and automate a lot of play. The pendulum had swung too far. DBG implemented TrueBox as a counter to automated boxing/botting on Ragefire/Lockjaw. They did it to appease a lot of people (myself included) who didn't like that degree of automation/assistance. Has the pendulum swung too far the other way? You decide.