Mangler Grind Group LF Enchanter

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kiluvian, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Kiluvian New Member

Grind group planning to play on the Mangler server consisting of a Warrior, Cleric, Shaman, Monk and Mage is looking for an experienced Enchanter. We will also consider a Bard for our 6th. We are looking for someone willing to grind out a minimum of the first 36 hours. Our group will be starting in the Commonlands area and then moving to Guk shortly after. Plans after that will be made on the fly.

You may contact me directly on Discord with further questions if interested: Kiluvian#3415
  2. Jmitch Lorekeeper

For clarification, do you mean 36 hours straight or like 12-16 hours, sleep/eat etc. and "let's hop back online at X time" type deal? I'd assume there's sleep involved somewhere, but you never know with eq players :p
  3. Kiluvian New Member

The spot has now been filled, thanks for your interest.
  4. Jmitch Lorekeeper

Inquiring minds would still like to know the answer to the question!
  5. Gremin Augur

Your plans sound eerily like my groups plans, except we are sk, cleric, ench, mage, wizard monk...all starting in commonlands area.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Train to commonlands
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm guessing there are over 50+ of these premade groups. I look forward to the sad angry lfg posts from the 5 or 6 solo people.....
  8. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

I doubt there's any sleep involved in this plan. At most maybe a 2 minute shower to recharge.
  9. LittleBrumski Augur

Generally speaking, The only reason to do a 36 hour grind is if you are in a race guild.

Why would you want to be max level in 2 days with another 87 more days of almost nothing to do? (I suppose this gives you time to recover from the burnout or make alts)
  10. Machentoo Augur

There is krono to be made...
  11. LittleBrumski Augur

Yeah, there's always that. I would think that most krono farmers would just box their own groups or partial groups anyway. Why share?
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'd need a time machine back to 1999 or 2000 to make it happen.

Otherwise I'm out.
  13. code-zero Augur

There's a demographic of players who live for that marathon group grind to max level then they're done and out. It's happened enough to be noticeable on the last several TLP's
  14. Kiluvian New Member

So much speculation... The real reason is I have 2 friends in the group that are WoW converts and have never played original EQ, nor a progression server. This will be their first time playing and they wanted to do a somewhat hardcore launch experience to level up, seek out a likeminded raiding guild, and complete the raids for the first few expansions. A few other friends and I have all done this before, and don't mind doing it again - it's not like there are any other games coming out in the short term.

Since people are interested, the group will be grinding from server launch, and pulling an all-nighter for the first night. It will end up being about 30 hours, with only minimal breaks for food, drink and other bio. We just want to pull ahead of the general population, level-wise, so that we have an easier time grabbing our camps of choice.
  15. Ehrz Journeyman

Lol you have 2 noobs in your group and 2 melee and you think you're getting ahead of people lol
    Stagentti likes this.
  16. Stagentti Augur

That will last for about...2 days. Tops.

Lot of people will be rushing to 50. Once you hit early 40s you can group nearly all camps so add them in too.

If they run bonus xp that'll flood it even more.

/pick might help for a couple of days but if that's your mindset you're going to be disappointed very quickly.