Necro Race Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stoney123, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Doze Augur

At lvl60(65) regular races naturally regen 4(7) standing up, 5(8) when FD and 7(10) when sitting down.
    At lvl60(65) Iksars/Trolls naturally regen 12(18) standing up, 14(20) when FD and 18(24) when sitting down.

As for necromancers being all about mana regen then surely HP regen = mana regen for necromancers (and shaman)?
  2. andross77 Elder

This is noticeable for Agnarr where it's locked at LDoN. I think the point is, it won't be noticeable on Selo's or Mangler once they get past that point. Obviously that will be a LONG TIME for Mangler. For Selo's, we will be there in 2 months. I think AA's close or erase the gap and gear you can get.
  3. Doze Augur

There are regen AAs that are not available to Trolls and Iksars? If not then they will still have the same advantage until at least TSS (assuming OoC regen kicks in there).
  4. Tachyon Augur

Theory vs practice. If everything comes via medding there is an advantage, but it doesn't. Raiding necros tap for HP. They don't med or regen to get there.
  5. Doze Augur

Nonsense.
  6. Stoney123 New Member

I think there are three months until Kunark. If I’m not 40s by then I’m doing something wrong lol.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Here I thought this was going to be a thread about necros actually racing like the tipsy gnome race or something but with necros instead.
  8. sumnayin2 Augur

HP regen is incredibly necessary if you want to be efficient when farming and maintain your mana regen. Also, like others mentioned you can just grab hp potions if you are inclined. Iksar isn't required but it does help and the skullcap is great.
  9. ShivanAngel Augur

sure you can tap for hp, but both the lifetap line and LT over time line are incredibly innefficient compared to other options
  10. ch0rny Elder

All necros can wear the final skullcap
  11. ch0rny Elder

My meaning was more Origin related. I could bind anywhere I wanted and could Origin home for Hole groups easily. The Hole remains a relevant zone for quite some time.
  12. andross77 Elder

No, i guess not ;) I haven't played a necro at end game (highest is level 85), but I would guess the hp regen difference isn't noticeable at a certain point. Like 7hp regen vs 18hp regen at lvl 60 is a big advantage. That is around 2.5 times as fast. But at level 100 is it 70hp regen vs 80hp regen? or something like that? Because if it doesn't scale, I don't think it's a big deal for servers that will hit Live.

If it scales all the way to 110 and it's like 150hp vs 400hp, then yeah, iksar is a massive advantage and I will abandon the Gnome race in a second :) Guess I need to ask this on the live forums....brb
  13. andross77 Elder

Just talked to some people who said hp regen cap gets hit pretty quickly (like maybe around level 80) and then Iksar regen advantage is gone. So yeah Iksar for Mangler maybe cause you will be in the first 5 xpacs for like a year and a half. But Selo's gonna be done with that in 3 months.
  14. MarttinPH Augur

That is true, but forgetting you left Lich on and going AFK and playing Iksar means your less likely to come back with you at your bind point, although this did happen to me as an Iksar once!
    Doze and ch0rny like this.
  15. ch0rny Elder

THIS! I usually go Erudite and I quite often FD and go afk for a bit when not grouped and come back to DEAD! lol
  16. Doze Augur

I don't think it scales beyond lvl65 and no doubt it will barely matter once server hit those high levels, but that is mainly due to OoC regen(from TSS) and because itemization at that point have long since spun far out of control with utterly insane stats.
    snailish likes this.
  17. sumnayin2 Augur

So in 2 years when enough AA's are unlocked to make the gap less noticeable...
  18. squidgod Augur

Mantle of Souls
  19. Doze Augur

20. Vudoman New Member

If you are changing to Iksar, what you make now really does not matter that far out ... however I would ... go Erudite.

Early TS focus - Agi +5 and Int +25
    Leveling focus - Agi +5 and Sta +25

Newbie area - good for farming bone chips - botters will be there AFK farming soon enough.
    Origin - easy access to the hole, bind near anything you are camping.
    Quest - Erudite Necro only: Mantle of Souls; Shoulders, AC: 1, STR: -5 STA: -5 INT: +10 MANA: +75