Classic Ranger DPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stranger, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Runes01 New Member

I think this is not really very good info to give for classic. Bow is not going to do anywhere near the damage that a dual wielding Ranger with triple attack using Dot and DD augs and kick. Kick is really good dps add on Ranger.

Bow is bad without archery AAs and Endless quiver, no one is going to spend money during classic on stocking 1,000s of expensive arrows to get ok hits and a Ranger will have a much better chance at getting good haste item drop like Cloak of Flames or gathering items for the Sky Cloak than getting lucky with a pearl drop from Eye of Veeshan along with the 3 other drops needed, one of which you compete with Shamans on.

Not realistic to throw out bow during classic and in Kunark when Rangers have Wurmslayer and Swift wind combo available, they are DPS machines.
  2. Runes01 New Member

What weapons?? try these:

Spined Dragon Claw 21/10 unhasted
    Serpents tooth 27/13 unhasted
    SSOY 24/8 proccing 75 dd

Or go 2 hand with an argent defender 49/33 unhasted

Throw on damage augs/use kick it will blow away any bow in classic with triple attack. I was kicking for 60-80 I think in classic and Kick has like a 4 second refresh.

Hope you like not hitting on a 4.8 sec wep and having to wait a few rounds when you do hit, even with hawk tonic classic accuracy is garbage.

You wont be baller in Classic even with fleeting quiver and wind bow. Just say no.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Theory crafting is great, but these shoutout contests are useless without parses.

Get the gear on FV, copy to test, and post some numbers if you really want answers.
  4. twocans4m New Member

in classic on a classic boss, a ranger will beat a mage/wiz and will be right under a monk.
    in kunark they fall off greatly. in velious they pick back up to above mages when tov geared. in luclin they pretty much top the charts unless it's a dps race between two guilds or something. In classic if you can grab argent defender you can even beat monks. in velious if you can grab a meljeldin, bane of giants you will be wrecking mobs and getting tells from people asking what weapon you have. If this is not your findings then you are playing wrong.
  5. Danir New Member

During classic on Agnarr I was consistently top 5 on parses. My guild wouldn't even let me take DTs. It really came down to being able to land both your fire and magic DoT and being able to manage your aggro. I had to hold back a lot otherwise the boss would turn and roflstomp me.
  6. twocans4m New Member

also the winderstriker bow is garbage, dont waste your time. make sure to get the 50% haste cloak thou.
    The only bow you need to make sure you get is a avatar bow. The only bows that beats it in luclin are the vt bows. You also seriously need to learn when to cast your bee spell, if your not casting it or are casting them at the wrong time you are wasting dps. A weapon with a bigger delay will help with this as you want to cast it only when it is not on target(ie dont refresh always let it drop) and always at the end of your melee round.
  7. Tankage New Member

Since we are on the topic what would the best race to be as a ranger? Is halfling a disadvantage stat wise? Rolling on selo
  8. Runes01 New Member

Majis you said in your prior posts that you have not run a Ranger and you are going by some other supposed guild mate of yours that ran with a windstriker as their main dps on raids. What that tells me is either you are very misinformed about what the real DPS was or your guild had the absolute suck balls DPS on raids for a bow Ranger to top parse over Monks,Necros and other melee weapon wielding Rangers in classic. I would even say Rogues with their good classic daggers would outparse a bow Ranger in classic.

You didnt even know that Bows can be hasted with quiver in classic by 20% versus getting a CoF that can haste melee weps to 36%. Bows cannot be augmented which melee weps can. Ranger cannot use immolate that much with bows because if you cast it more than a few times on a mob, your warrior is going to most likely lose aggro in classic. Immolate aggro is huge and the mob is on you so you lose rounds with bows waiting for your warrior to get aggro back. A ranger can take some hits while still beating on mobs with melee weps.

I didn't add in the huge damage that Rangers get from weaving in their own spell DD and Dots from immolate and Drones because you can use both with a Bow or Melee, so you adding in that damage for your Bow argument is silly since melee wielding rangers can do the exact same.

With all of the above and the simple fact that you do not know how valuable Kick is for very good extra damage every 4 seconds, Triple attack, full use of immolate and the double Dots & DD from two augs but the icing on the cake is that you do not comprehend how valuable a Ranger is in Classic using melee weps that needs to be in range of a mob to taunt when the mob changes targets to a caster.

Stick to giving advice on whatever caster you ran because you don't know about Ranger except for one guild mate you saw and your giving really bad advice for people thinking of going Ranger in classic.

Any Ranger not going full melee in classic with dual wield or 2hand as their primary weapon choice is a waste of space Ranger.
  9. Runes01 New Member

Hi Tankage, hafling was really good when they got they got the exp bonus but that was nerfed so hafling is really good to avoid having to use shrink pots or some other item on raids and you can sneak/hide i think and forage really well.

Trade off is looking at their hairy feet but its not a bad choice because of their racial abilities.
  10. roth Augur

So much misinformation in this thread...

Just to try to traighten a couple things up, Rangers get both Sneak and Hide as class skills. You do not need to roll a Halfling to get access to them. However, it takes a Rogue to use the two skills in conjunction, so even though Rangers have both, and can use both to good effect, they cannot Sneak around while Hiding.

Also, worn haste items affect bows as well as melee. Quivers (which is what I presume the 20% bow haste number above came from) stack with worn haste items, there’s a reason Rangers on live each carry a Prescient Fleeting Quiver.

Have fun with whatever classes y’all choose to play!