Agnar population

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frid, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Frid New Member

Hi guys. I'd like to try playing eq during pop era as I heard its the best. Is agnar population good enough for me to join now and find low level groups? What about raiding?
  2. Protagonist Tank

Yes, you can find raids.

Very rarely will you find a leveling group. A big chunk of the population is about to bail with the new TLPs coming out in 10 days. If playing in PoP is specifically your goal - Selo would probably be a good match for you. It'll be unlocking PoP a month after it launches, then staying there for two months.
  3. Montag Augur

If you're looking for PoP Agnarr is the place to be. If you're looking to playing 40+ hours a week for years to come, then go Selo.
  4. Goozmania New Member

I started on Agnar 3 weeks ago and never had a problem finding groups. The population is pretty small, to be sure, and I often ran into the same people... and about 3/4 of them were twinks... but the groups exist. I'm already level 60 with 74 aa's, and still not having any difficulty getting groups; particularly with the friends I made while leveling.
    Whether this will still be the case after new servers leech from the population, remains to be seen.
  5. Corydon Augur

Goozmania's assessment is pretty accurate from my point of view. You will not always find a group but it mostly works.
    andross77 likes this.
  6. Graddox Twoaxe Lorekeeper

There are two competing theories on Agnarr post- anniversary. The first is that the TLP addicts already left for Corinav. The second is that they were hanging around to kill Quarm, but now they'll leave for Mangler. I don't find the second very convincing. I'd guess Agnarr lost about 40% of it's pop to Corinav and will lose another 15 to 20% in whatever, 10 days. Searching the newbie channel for a bit usually finds at least someone to duo with.
  7. HappyPanda Augur

I don't know about the accuracy of those percents but I do know that after talking to many guild members, I would say that quite a lot of members that are NOT currently raiding or very active on Agnarr are coming back to start over for Mangler. Discord has been lighting up with people we haven't heard from in a long time as they come back and are looking for each other and joining up on Mangler.

I'm sure Mangler will pull a few actives out of the raid roster but it seems pretty limited compared to those who are returning.
  8. Goozmania New Member

I am a bit bummed out by the 2 servers, since I'm a recent Agnarr player. The flag requirements are heinous, considering the lack of players. I did join a guild that does them, maybe, every few months lol. Seems all the guilds on the server only do Plane of Time; with an occasional Fire, for shts and giggles.
    I haven't even put regular exp back on to go from 60-65, and I'm already bored of CoD, PoV, BoT zzzz.
  9. Thewiz Augur

There may be a 3rd server that may be of interest to you. Stay tuned. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dev-what-is-the-rizlona-server.255378/
  10. xakanrn Augur

I logged in after quite a while away and population seems low but i always thought it would be more of a server people log in for raid and log off